Twenty-Eight

"How would you feel about a date?" Harry asks, tracing patterns on Louis' soft tummy.

"I would love it, H," Louis replies, half asleep. But wanting to stay awake as long as possible. He wants to spend as much time with Harry as he can before Jay comes home... And he sint looking forward to it, at all.

"Great, baby... You try, and get some sleep, okay?" Harry tells him, watching as his boy struggles to keep his eyes open. He kissed the boy gently on the cheek.

"No... Wanna stay awake with you," Louis mumbles, eyes fluttering shut. The dim glow of the candle on Louis' chest of drawers makes shadows cast on Louis' cheeks from his eyelashes.

Harry kisses Louis on the forehead, and brings him closer to him, "so beautiful, my love..." he whispers to the boy.

Louis mumbles something incoherent through his parted lips... Harry coos at him, looking at his adorable little baby.

Jay is going to be back soon... Harry won't be able to hold him at night like this, won't be able to be there to protect him while he sleeps. And it's breaks the elders heart.

He knows Louis deserves so much more. He is so precious... Deserves someone who can love him all the time, not just behind closed doors... But Harry doesn't want to let go, ever.

Harry notices Louis' breathing had evened out, so he carefully detaches himself from the boy. He walks up to the drawers, and blows the candle out, not wanting a fire. He rushes back, path clear from the moonlight shining through the curtains. He tucks himself back next to Louis. Holding the younger boys fragile body next to his own buff one.

-*-

"Hazzy," Louis whines from next to the sleeping man, trying to awaken him.

Harry takes a deep breath in, before opening his eyes. Met with the lovely blue ones of Louis'.

Harry smiles, "good morning, my love," he yawns. He looks out the window, the sky still dark. "it's still sleepy time, baby..."

"I had a nightmare, Haz..." Louis pouts.

"Would you like to talk about it, Lou?" Harry sits his head up more.

Louis shakes his head, his fringe swaying around. "No..." he tells Harry. Because he didn't really have a nightmare. He was over thinking everything... Harry is going to be marrying his mother. And he knows he has to accept it, and that him, and Harry won't last.

But this isn't Harry's fault. No. It's not as easy as that. Yes, Harry came out to Louis. But he isn't ready for anyone else to know... Harrys father has made a wound, that Harry tries to heal with being exactly as his father told him he had too.

Louis just needed Harry's comfort. Needed to know that Harry is still here. That he is Louis', and Louis is his. For the moment at least. Louis needed Harry awake to make himself focus on the present, not the future.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks, quite concerned after Louis gets lost in thought, and his little bottom lip starts shaking.

Louis nods, trying his hardest to keep a brave face, he cuddles into Harry, waiting for Harry to cuddle him back. Which the elder does quickly. Giving Louis the comfort he needs to go back to sleep.

__________________________
Hope you liked it! 💚💙