Nine

Louis looks out of the window awkwardly, not knowing what to do. His mum hasn't said anything since they got into the car.

A new song starts on the radio, and that's the only thing breaking up the silence. He thinks of subjects he could talk about with her, and settles on asking about pets.

"So... Do you have any pets?" Louis asks nervously, fiddling with his hands, as he looks over to his mum.

Jay seems to let out a breath of relief, as if she was just waiting for Louis to say something.

She quickly glances over at him, a big smile prominent on her face. "Yes! We have a husky named Gucci."

Louis furrows his at the 'we' she must mean her and Louis, right?

Ignoring that, he replies with "you named your dog Gucci?" he giggles, and looks back out the window, to check the road sign coming up.

Jay laughs, "no, no. Harry did."

Louis looks at his mother confused, "Harry?"

"Harry... My fiance. I told you I'm engaged." Jay glances over at Louis.

Louis tilts his head, and then shakes it, "no... You didn't."

"I'm so sorry, Lou! I swear I thought I  told you..." Jay says, honestly.

"It's okay, mum... So how long have you been engaged?"

"Just before we started talking. I swear I mentioned him, I'm sorry. "

Louis nods his head. "So what's he like?" Louis is staring to get nervous now. He came to live with his mother because he knew he was safe from judgement, since she seemed fine when he came out to her. But now he is gonna have to have another person around, a person that means a lot to his mother, what if he messes up their relationship because of his sexuality?

"He is amazing, Lou! He is so kind, and helpful. He is a CEO of a big company! I think you will like him, and I've spoken to him about everything," she makes a hand gesture, "and he is fine with everything, he is over the moon to have you live with us, Louis."

Louis takes a moment to process this information, and let's out a sigh of relief. "Thanks mum... For everything."

Jay smiles, "it's the least I could do Louis, when you were younger I wasn't the best mother. I wanted to still be young, still party, and hang out with friends. I realised how much of a massive mistake I had made when I would go out with friends for lunch or something, and every baby I seen made me just want to cuddle you. I just wanted to have my family back." Jay looks as though she is about to start crying. "I've definitely learned from my mistakes, and I hope this can somewhat make up for not being there for you when you were young. And I promise, Lou, I will be here always from now on!"

Louis smiles, and changes the subject, "can I put my music on?" he asks his mum, after seeing an aux cord connected to her car.

"of course!" Jay smiles, warmly.

Louis smiles, and puts on his new favourite song at the moment. Shallow by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

Jay smiles, "I love this song!"

Louis starts singing softly to it, after grinning at his mother.

Heyy!
Sorry for the late update!
Feel free to pm me if you think I'm taking to long!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Xo