Nineteen

Louis hold the rails of the stairs, as he walks down them. Feet thumping heavily against the carpeted wood.

He grips his head with his free hand, and groans. This is the first time he had ever drank... He regrets it.

He had spent a good fifteen minutes trying to figure out how Kyle got him back to his room. He hoped neither Harry nor Jay seen him drunk. It would be very embarrassing, and they'd probably think he was irresponsible.

"Hazzy?" he calls out, reaching the bottom of the stairs. He doesn't get an answer.

He sighs, and walks to the kitchen, hoping to find some medication, or something. But he doesn't know where anything I'd yet. He looks out the window, and watches the rain fall from the dark grey sky.

A yellow square piece of paper catches Louis' eye. He looks down at it, seeing that a note had been written on it. He pulls the sticky note off the bench, and starts to read it.

Morning, Lou! I've just gone to the shop, I should be back by the time you get up, but if I'm not feel free to make yourself some breakfast. :) x - Haz

Louis smiles at the note, but that doesn't last long when there is a rumble of thunder, causing a shriek to leave the boys lips.

Louis is so scared of thunder storms... He needs Harry here. He would protect him.

He quickly runs over to the couch, and grabs the throw rug off the back of it, chucking it over himself just as the next rumble of thunder is heard.

Louis stays under the blankets for while shaking, and pressing his hands against his ears, trying to block out sound. Which doesn't work, at all.

Suddenly the loud sound of the front door opening is heard, Louis peaks out from under the blankets to see a saturated Harry. He quickly gets up, and runs to him, crashing him into a hug. Harry gasps, and drops all the groceries, but immediately wraps his arms around Louis, not knowing what's wrong.

Louis feels Harry's soaking, wet hair dripping onto him, but doesn't mind that, because he feels safe now.

"Are you okay, Lou?" Harry asks, crouching down a bit further, to be closer to the trembling boy.

"I-I don't like the t-thunder," Louis sniffs.

"Awe, Lou..." Harry pulls away a little so he can see Louis' face. His eyes are a little red, and so is his cute little nose. "I used to be scared of thunder storms too... But they can't hurt you, plus I'm here now. I'm sorry I left you."

Louis pouts, "it's okay, Haz, it's not your fault. I'm just being a baby."

Harty shakes his head, a small smile on his face. "You're not a baby, Lou... Unless you're meaning because babies are cute, just like you," Louis giggles, and beams. Not worrying about the thunder outside anymore, but focuses all of his attention on the beautiful man in front of him.

Louis reaches forward, and wipes one of Harry's wet curls out of his face, and places it behind his ear. "You're pretty cute too!" Louis says, confidently.

Harry smiles for a minute, before stopping himself. He stands up, and looks through one of the grocery bags.

He pulls out a pretty, pink rose. Louis' eyes widen. It may of been the prettiest flower he had ever seen. Even if it was a little crushed now.

"It reminded me of you..." Harry tells him, and places the flower into Louis' hand, fingers lingering against Louis' a little too long. "Well, it did," he chuckles.

Louis has a pink tint to his cheeks, almost the colour of the flower, "thank you, Haz."

"My pleasure, Lou!"

_______________________________
I didn't have any idea what to do with this chapter because I changed my mind last minute.

Oops!

I hope it was okay, and you enjoyed it, though! 🌸