#4

"Okay, Katie, Nico and I can get the textbooks and Percy and Travis can get the parchment, quills, ink and all that. Got it?" Annabeth said as they entered the shop, finding it cramped with people.

Percy nodded, and he and Travis set off to find writing tools. He didn't understand why wizards couldn't just use pens. Maybe Riptide would look alien to some of them.

"Hey, Percy. Do you know how to work this dumb stick yet?" Travis asked, tapping his wand on his palm.

"Annabeth said something about using spells. We might have to do some research for that."

"Seriously? Wizards need to read too? That's inconsiderate to us dyslexics," Travis groaned. His eyes suddenly lit up, and Percy felt the urge to duck and avoid any explosives that could've been thrown his way by Travis.

"I found a use for this wand..." Travis started, mischief glinting in his eyes.

Percy stepped back, eyeing the wand that Travis gripped tightly.

"Travis, whatever you're planning, stop it right now," Percy warned cautiously.

Travis grinned and lunged for Percy, attempting to jab his wand at his stomach.

"I've always wondered if the great Percy Jackson was ticklish," Travis mused, continuing to poke Percy in his stomach as he dodged.

Finally, Travis got Percy.

He stumbled and knocked two boys off their feet.

"Bloody hell!" a redheaded boy yelped, a bespectacled boy next to him, his lips parted in shock.

Percy straightened up and grinned apologetically.

"Sorry, man. Wasn't watching where I was going," he said, looking around awkwardly. "Oi, Travis! Next time don't tickle me!"

Travis laughed, running away to join Annabeth, Katie and Nico. He fell in step with Katie and a redhead, all three of them laughing. Annabeth was with a brunette, talking animatedly. Nico was behind them, skimming through books.

"Oh, you're still on the ground," Percy muttered, suddenly realising the curious looks the boys were sending him. "Let me help you up."

He lifted the two boys up, though he immediately noticed the weight difference as one was easier to pull up than the other.

"Sorry again for knocking you guys over," he said, extending his arms. "What're your names?"

"I'm Ron. Ron Weasley."

Percy could sense the distrust from the boy with the glasses, but he didn't know why he felt that way. All he knew was that he'd be a good demigod, with his alertness and all. He probably wouldn't make a stupid mistake like setting himself up in Medusa's trap, much like someone did years ago.

"And you?"

The boy quickly realised that Ron was looking at him questioningly. Percy was doing the same, wondering what would be the boy's next decision.

"I'm Harry Potter," he said warily, shaking Percy's hand. His eyes widened as remembered the name, the boy who Chiron had mentioned.

"Hey Harry, Ron," he nodded. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Percy Jackson."

Harry and Ron blinked. The way Percy said his name was so powerful, like the name itself could bring monsters to tears.

His name sounded important, like he would've been the hero to save the prisoners at the last moment.

Annabeth scanned the list of books she had gotten from Chiron. Most of them were placed near each other, so picking out the books were easy enough.

"The books are in English," Katie grumbled as she opened one of the books on the bookshelves. "Reading's going to be hard."

"We're just going to have to deal with it," Annabeth sighed. "We can't let dyslexia get in the way of our academics."

"I'm sorry, did you just say dyslexia?"

"Yeah," Annabeth confirmed. "My friends and I are dyslexic."

"Oh. Do you need help?"

"It'd be great if they were in Ancient Greek. That's our... uh... first language."

The girl tapped her wand on each of the books, muttering to herself.

Once she was done, Katie scooped one of the books out of Annabeth's arms.

"Woah. They're not in English anymore,"
she noted. "Thanks!"

"Not a problem. I'm Hermione, this is Ginny." she said, a faint smile on her face. "Are you guys new to Hogwarts? I don't think I've seen you guys before."

"We're transfer students from America," Travis chimed in, appearing out of nowhere. "I'm Travis, blonde's Annabeth, that's Katie and Nico."

"Where's Percy?"

"Waterboy over there got into a sticky situation. I decided to flee the scene."

"Whatever," Annabeth mumbled, rolling her eyes. "So, Hermione, what was that spell?"

Everyone else tuned out Annabeth and Hermione's conversation as the both of them continued to talk about things they didn't care about.

"Hey, what's this?"

Ginny turned to face Katie, who was bending down to pick up a small card from the floor.

"Those are chocolate frog cards. Don't you guys have those in America?" Ginny asked, confusion laced in her voice.

By the looks of their faces, Ginny assumed they didn't.

"Well, they're collectable cards, each of them come with a chocolate frog. The cards have a famous person's picture on it. Who did you get?"

"That's pretty cool," Travis said, looking over Katie's shoulder. "Hermione Granger is the brightest witch of her age, blah blah blah... Isn't that your friend Hermione?"

"The very one. After the war, Harry, Ron and Hermione became famous."

"Hold on, did you just say war?" Nico questioned, placing the book he was holding back on the shelf. "What war? When did it take place?"

"The Wizarding War last year." Ginny furrowed her brows. The demigods exchanged looks. That was close to when the giant war took place, when Jason and Percy were first taken away. "Where have you guys been? How could you have not heard of it?"

"Guess we weren't informed," Katie said quickly. "Who was part of the war?"

"Everyone. Voldemort on one side, the rest of us on the other. He had followers, but most of them were defeated. Harry dealt the final blow on Voldemort and killed him. Many people died in the Battle of Hogwarts," Ginny explained, her eyes holding such sadness Katie wondered what she had been through, and who she had lost.

"We know what it's like," Katie said solemnly, "losing people."

"Guys, we should probably get back to Percy," Annabeth suggested as she returned to the group with Hermione, oblivious to the topic of their conversation earlier.

"We'll follow you," Ginny smiled tiredly. "Seems like the boys have already met Percy."

Wizards and demigods alike left Flourish and Botts, talking among themselves.

"We're going to Quality Qudditch Supplies, wanna join?"

"Nah, we should be getting some other stuff," Percy said.

"Alright, then," Harry smiled, waving as they walked off. "See you."