#45

Keeping to their promise, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny returned to the Burrow to celebrate the holiday with their family, leaving the demigods to fend for themselves at Hogwarts.

Initially, when her children told her about the large group that was staying at Hogwarts, Molly had wanted to invite them over, but considering how Percy, Annabeth, Travis, Katie and Nico had to sleep in the garden the previous time, and the group had grown since then, she realised that there was simply not enough space to fit a group of around forty teenagers in her home.

So, while the wizards celebrated Christmas that day in the Burrow, the demigods laid sprawled on the ground near the Black Lake, a single cackling fire protecting them from the cold.

McGonagall had allowed the campers to stay overnight by the lake, for they were used to sleeping in such conditions, and there weren't enough extra rooms to hold all of them.

"I'd forgotten how cold it gets during winter," Travis admitted, shivering. Many of the campers agreed, having lived within the magical borders of their camps, therefore they needed time to adjust to the harsh winter weather that was not toned down by the borders.

"At least we have each other," Annabeth said.

A couple of the demigods smirked. Percy teased, "Since when did you get so sentimental?"

"I'm not," Annabeth protested. "I literally mean that it's good to have each other because it's warmer when more people are around."

"Yeah, right," Nyssa said. The rest laughed.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, an amused smile on her face. "Merry Christmas, guys."

The campers huddled together. Snow drifted in the air, landing on their hair. The dim light from Hogwarts illuminated their faces. The sun set, painting the sky orange before washing it with dark blue. Stars twinkled in the distance.

"Merry Christmas."

"Oh, look who's here!" Molly exclaimed, hugging Ginny tightly. She moved on to embrace the rest of her children.

Ginny wiped her nose. "Hi, Mum. Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas, dearies." Molly placed her hands on her hips. "Now, time to eat! Everyone is waiting! We can open presents soon enough!"

She led them to the living room, where all those siblings chatted, fire cackling in the furnace. Charlie was the first one to notice them.

"Look how all of you have grown!" Charlie rubbed his knuckles against Ron's head.

"Hey!" Ron yelped, escaping Charlie's grasp. He smiled giddily. "It's good to see you again."

"Are Neville and Luna not coming?" Arthur asked, scooping mash potatoes on a plate for Hermione.

"Neville's celebrating with his grandma, and Luna with her father," Ginny said, stuffing her mouth with the various candies Molly had prepared. She sighed contentedly. "This is really good, Mum."

"Don't finish all the sweets, now," Molly chided. "Sit down. We'll eat dinner."

Everyone took their seats, Charlie talking animatedly to Hermione and Harry speaking to Fleur about his Hogwarts year. Ginny and George mostly bantered across the table, and they would all laugh when Ron accidentally spat food out while he talked.

And, when the Christmas dinner at the Burrow was all said and done, the family moved to the Christmas tree, gathering in a circle to open presents.