#16

"Argh!"

Percy stirred, his eyelids fluttering open.

"I WILL EAT YOU! I WILL DIP YOU IN SALSA AS REVENGE!" a voice bellowed. Percy caught sight of a Cyclops lumbering after a boy.

"Actually, Ma Gasket, I have other plans!" the boy grinned, stumbling past trees, a girl by his side.

Percy blinked and rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. The boy looked a bit like a certain Latino Elf.

"HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT MA GASKET LIKE THAT?!" Ma Gasket roared. Her face was scrunched up in anger, and personally, Percy didn't find it very flattering.

"Leo! Stop angering her!" the girl next to Leo scolded. Percy almost fell back in shock when he recognised the voice.

Leo... That genius had actually succeeded in freeing Calypso. Percy couldn't believe it.

"Sorry, Sunshine, but I think my mere presence is already making her mad!" Leo replied, his hands tinkering with wires.

He fumbled a bit more, and Percy could make out a sharp arrow made with copper wires. Leo lit his index finger on fire and set the arrow ablaze.

He turned and stopped running. He swung his arm backwards and shot the arrow into Ma Gasket's eye. She backed away in pain, clutching her single eye at an attempt to stop the flames.

Fortunately, Leo's aim was quite good, so even when the fire was extinguished, the arrow burned her eye and the sharp wire pricked it.
The cyclops howled in pain, doubling over.

Apparently the eyes of Cyclopes weren't fireproof like their skin.

Calypso unsheathed her dagger; a sheet of celestial bronze carved to look like a blade melted onto a short hilt made of wood, and ran up to the Cyclops, stabbing it repeatedly.

Ma Gasket disintegrated, leaving a trail of dust. Leo and Calypso sat against one of the trees, sweat beading from their forehead.

"Leo, where are we?" Calypso asked, not familiar with her surroundings after being in Ogygia for so long.

Leo retrieved a navigator from his tool belt and checked it. "Scotland. We're in Scotland."

Percy's heart was pounding. Then, Leo turned to face him. Instead of the voice Percy expected to hear, it was Annabeth's voice that came out of his mouth.

"Percy!"

Percy sat up with a start. He thrashed around, clearly not expecting to be in a tub filled with water.

He looked around until he found the face of Annabeth Chase.

She was staring at him in shock. "You're actually awake."

"Surprise?" Percy said. Realisation seemed to hit Annabeth.

"You're awake!" she squealed happily. Her hand flew to her mouth. "I didn't mean to sound like that."

"It's okay, give me a hug," Percy laughed, extending his arms. "Oh wait... Never mind, no hugs. I feel a bit..."

"Percy!" Annabeth shouted as his eyes closed and his skin became sickly pale. "Do you want me to get Will?"

"What's Will doing-" he stopped himself when he felt a stab of pain in his head. "You know what? No time for questions. Please get Will."

Annabeth nodded and dashed out of the Prefect's Bathroom, returning with Will a minute later.

Will ran over and rested the back of his hand on Percy's forehead. "Styx! His temperature has gone down, but I think he caught a cold. Who knew a Son of Poseidon could get too much water."