#6

By the time they finished dinner, Harry decided he could trust them.

They were so nice, always bantering and making jokes. How could you not love them?

He did notice, however, the things that made him uneasy about them at first.

The were intimidating, he would give them that. One glare from any of them could refrain him from falling asleep during History of Magic. They were all well built, as if all of them were trained to fight.

He made a mental note to never mess with them.

He also noticed the sadness in their eyes, and even Nico, who looked barely 15, had seemed so mature. He wondered if any of them went through anything like him. It would explain their eyes and build a lot.

Harry shook his head, oblivious to the whole other world he didn't know existed. America was a safe place, far from the reach of Voldemort's cruel actions. He doubted that anything big had happened. If there was a war happening in America, he would've known about it. Someone would've told him.

Things are normal in America, he thought to himself.

Snuggled in bed, Harry closed his eyes and let his body shut down, falling into a deep sleep, only to be awoken a few hours later by Percy's agonising screams.

Soon after that, everyone stirred from their slumber.

"Mate, what's going on?" Ron questioned tiredly, rubbing the sleep off his eyes. "Sounds like someone's been bloody murdered."

Harry shrugged and exited the room, pulling Ron with him. "Let's go see what's wrong."

They were in the garden when they saw it.

Percy was trembling, sweat glistening from his forehead, his mouth twitching.

Harry noticed that everybody else was there too. Hermione was with Annabeth, and Molly and Arthur sat next to Percy, the worry lines on their foreheads becoming obvious.

"What's happening?"

Annabeth seemed scared too. "Nightmares. I had some too, but they were the usual. Percy has a nightmare right now. We have PTSD."

"How do we wake him up?" Ron asked, astounded at the new information.

"Waking up a dem- I mean, waking up Percy during a nightmare can be dangerous. Everyone stay back. Annabeth can wake him up," Nico said.

Annabeth inched forward to Percy, calling out his name. She placed her hands on his arms and shook him with as much force as she could.

Percy pushed her hands away, shaking his head. He muttered to himself, his hands occasionally balling up into fists and then opening once again.

"Percy!" Annabeth yelled, shoving him.

He still didn't wake up, but seemed to look more agitated.

She continued to nudge, poke and prod him for several minutes before she finally shook him with even more might than the first one, sending him wide awake.

Percy gasped, sitting still, his hands shaking.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled as he caught his breath, knowing what he had done. "I didn't mean to."

Annabeth smiled at him tiredly. He pulled her into a hug, and for awhile, they just sat there.

"Does this happen often?" Molly asked softly, breaking the silence.

Annabeth pulled away from the hug and nodded. "Almost everyday."

The atmosphere was dark and quiet, and Percy looked uncomfortable that he had brought everyone out of their beds.