#35

Draco didn't seem to notice them, for he stood there, catching his breath, Harry and Ginny stunned. The duo exchanged bewildered looks, before they quickly whipped out their wands.

Finally, Draco seemed to become more relaxed, and as he looked up, he let out a choked sound, apparently startled by the presence of his enemies.

"W-what are you doing here?!" he spluttered, pulling out his wand and pointing it at them shakily.

"Put down your wand, Malfoy," Harry said, his free hand outstretched. He hoped that would help assure Draco that he wasn't going to hurt anyone as long as he didn't attack first.

"My wand?!" Draco barked. "This is my room!"

"Well, we're not going to bloody kill you," Ginny snapped. She nodded at his wand, "we just can't trust you. If you cooperate, we won't attack if you don't."

Draco, having seemed to realise that it would be a lost cause if he retaliated, dropped his wand to the floor. He wasn't stupid; he knew it would be hopeless to fight when it was two on one.

"Okay, good," Harry breathed, as if he was talking to a misbehaving child. "Now, let me ask you: where is Annabeth and Nico?"

"And answer truthfully." Ginny raised her wand a little higher to prove her point.

Draco averted his gaze. "I can't."

"If you stop now," Harry said, "we might still stand a chance against Luke. Don't be on the wrong side of another war, Malfoy."

"How do you know it's Luke behind this?"

Ginny bit the inside of her cheeks. "We figured it out ourselves."

"It was the Beauregard girl, wasn't it?!" Draco asked angrily. "I knew we couldn't trust-"

"It doesn't matter!" Harry exclaimed exasperatedly. "My point still stands-"

"You make it sound easy. Well, guess what? It's not," Draco spat, his tone bitter. "Not everyone can be a brave little Gryffindor, alright?"

"So you choose to be a coward?" Ginny raised a brow. "You choose to stand behind the man you think will win this battle?"

"You don't know the power Luke has offered us," Draco said. He dug his fingernails in his skin. "Join us, Potter and Weasel-"

"Weasley," Ginny corrected.

"- if you give up now, you'll be safe. Luke's only after Percy. It's not like the last time. He won't be after you."

"I would never," Harry insisted.

"We've never been friends." Draco inched closer to them. "If you join us, that could change. We don't need to be on opposite sides anymore, do we? You don't even know Percy that well. Let him go and we can get it done and over with. I'll have power. I would be able to change things."

"I wouldn't want a world changed by a bastard like you," Ginny sneered. She locked eyes with her partner. "Right, Harry?"

"Yeah," Harry agreed. "And you're wrong, Malfoy. I do know Percy, and I know that if the roles were switched, he would never given in to you."