#11

"Hello Nico," Katie greeted as he appeared with Percy, joining the rest of the group outside the Great Hall. Percy looked at Annabeth expectantly. She returned his look with a stern gaze, and when she saw him point to Nico, she simply stared, dumbfounded.

Either Annabeth didn't care for Nico's choice of clothing, or she thought Percy was being weird and had no clue what he was on about.

"Okay..." Annabeth trailed off. She turned away from Percy and faced Nico. "Are you ready for teaching today? We just got our timetables from McGonagall, Mythology is the last lesson of the day."

"I'm ready, I guess. Although, Percy wouldn't stop rambling about my clothes."

Everyone looked at Percy, and he raised his arms up. "It's just- ugh, never mind. Nico, drop it already!"

Nico smirked. "I'm starving. Time to eat."

Harry growled frustratedly to himself. Everyone in his dorm had long fallen asleep.

Everyone with the exception of Harry.

He had fallen asleep at first, mostly due to his fatigue. Then, in the middle of the night, he woke up.

He didn't know why, which was weird to him. He had simply woken up and had not been able to fall back asleep.

"Why- can't- I- sleep," Harry muttered under his breath, banging his head on his pillow with every word he said.

"Maybe it's because you don't feel safe with Travis around."

Harry frowned at the voice in his head. It didn't sound like his. "What do you mean? Why wouldn't I feel safe?"

The voice sighed. "Ah, Potter. Innocent, how cute. Are you already forgetting the distrust you felt when you met them? Did you not question their identities?"

Harry furrowed his brows. "I mean, sure. But that's over. I trust them now."

"So quickly? Are you sure there isn't suspicion within you? Not even a tiny bit?"

Harry gulped. "Just a bit, but it doesn't prove anything."

"How wrong you are. What have they done to earn your trust, Harry? They have merely talked to you! They have never shared secrets, when they are so very secretive."

"No, I can trust them," Harry said firmly.

"You're foolish, Harry. They are dangerous. Do not associate yourself with them," the voice warned.

Harry blinked. He slid deeper into the duvets, feeling uneasy.

"Who was that?" Harry wondered as he drifted off into a dreamless sleep, much like he was experiencing the past summer.

Harry wanted to fling himself out a window.

The first day of lessons, and he was late. He absolutely loved his luck.

To make matters worse, he had Transfiguration for first period. He doubted that like other teachers, McGonagall would tolerate it just because he had defeated Voldemort. He knew he was in for it, muttering things like "Why didn't Ron wake me up?!" and cursing under his breath.

He turned the corner, finally finding the Transfiguration classroom. He supposed being out of school and on the run made simple problems like being late for class actual problems he was afraid of. Then again, McGonagall wasn't one to be underestimated. If he was late, she would send him to hell and back.

Harry bent over, his hands on his knees, panting heavily. He certainly hadn't been prepared to run so quickly just to get to class. He regained his posture and barged into the classroom.