#48

"Okay, I feel ridiculous wearing this," Ron complained. "Do I have to wear such an uncomfortable robe, Hermione? I mean, seriously?"

"Yes, Ron," Hermione huffed. "If you want to earn the favour of the Ministry, we have to dress smartly to impress them."

"Dunno what was wrong with my regular robes, or why we even need to impress them," Ron muttered. "Was saving the world not enough for them?"

Hermione rolled her eyes and went over to the other side of the dorm to make sure Travis was ready. Ron made a point, but still.

"You're sure you have everything you need?" Hermione asked, careful as ever.

Travis patted his backpack. "Yep. Just my regular tools for thievery. Thanks for the bottomless bag, by the way. It helps me carry more equipment."

Hermione suddenly realised it was a very bad idea to give Travis a bag that could hold all of his (dangerous) possessions. "Er, no problem. You're returning it after we're done with this mission, though," Hermione clarified. Travis groaned.

"Can't ever have anything good for myself," he murmured. Hermione smirked, "Stop your whining and hurry up already. We're supposed to leave in ten minutes."

"You sound like my mother." Travis narrowed his eyes at Hermione, pulling the backpack's straps over his shoulder.

"You have a mum?" Ron inquired, a confused look on his face.

"Yeah, duh," Travis said. His eyes casted down. "I haven't seen her in a long time, but, you know. She still took care of me. Connor, too."

"Oh. I'm sorry," Ron apologised.

"It's fine," Travis grinned, his smile returning a bit too quickly for the wizards' liking. His mood had changed drastically because of Ron's comment, and to see it switch back so quickly was unsettling. "Let's go, alright?"

"Not alright!" Harry yelled from under his bed. He tried to stand upright, hit his head on the bed and sighed, "I can't find my wand."

"How do you even do that?!" Ginny cried incredulously, which was quite hypocritical of her because she had lost her Potions cauldron twice, and, you know, despite a cauldron being less important than a wand, it was also bigger and much harder to lose.

"I don't know!" Harry shouted, frantically searching his Gryffindor dormitory. "Did I leave it in the Common Room?"

"Or did you leave it in that empty head of yours?" Travis snickered. You didn't see him losing his wand, and he'd just been introduced to the Wizarding World months ago. Harry had years, but he was still a big dork.

"Not helping!" Harry called out from the stairs.

"It's literally in your pocket, Harry!" Hermione yelled. She placed her hand on her forehead. "I really need to get out of this dorm before I become an idiot as well."

"Wooooo," Travis teased, imitating a ghost. "I am here to infect you with my stupidity!"

"And I'm here to haunt you with my low IQ," Ginny played along.

"I'm actually on Hermione's side for this one," Ron said. He was getting kinda hungry, anyway. "We're stopping by the Great Hall, right?"

"Are you insane?" Hermione said, dragging the boys out of the Gryffindor Common Room. "There's no time for breakfast!"

Ron pouted. "Aw, man."

Once everyone gathered by the Forbidden Forest, it was clear how risky their mission was.