#37

"Hey, Spit-face!" Percy yelled, waving his arms in the air to distract the hydra from Harry, Ginny, Tyson and Luke.

The hydra roared, its six heads spitting acid from its mouth, nostrils steaming. Percy ducked behind a cluster of trees right as it was about to bite his head off, hoping the hydra couldn't see him.

The hydra, having lost its target, searched for a new one, but fortunately, Harry and Ginny were already behind it, waiting to blast the stump of its necks with flames, and Luke was steadying himself behind a tall oak tree, ready to attack.

Harry was reluctant to kill the hydra, of course, but he later realised that if he and the others didn't, then his friends in the manor would be in danger.

He bit the insides of his cheek and waited.

Simultaneously, Percy and Luke charged at the hydra, so as to confuse it. Tyson, being weaponless, decided to confuse it further by waving at it and offering hugs.

Having to focus on three things at once when two were trying to slash your head off was very hard.

Since the two boys had entered the scene from opposite directions, the three heads on the hydra's left fought Percy, while the other three on its right handled Luke. One of the heads turned and blew fire right at Tyson, but the Cyclops wasn't affected, and he stood there, continuing to have fun- I mean, he continued distracting the vicious monster.

Having three of the hydra heads to handle was hard, but it seemed the hydra wasn't very good at multitasking as it appeared disoriented by its two attackers, causing the columns of flames it produced to mostly miss Percy and Luke.

Tyson only got involved when the hydra was about to set Percy on fire, and Tyson would shield his brother from the flames.

Luke, not so much.

He let that one burn.

Strangely enough, as Percy cut the first head off and Ginny shot fire at it, Percy couldn't help but wonder if he had become inexperienced, or if the hydra had become harder to kill, for he never remembered it being this hard.

Sure, he had Tyson as a shield- which he was strongly against-, but the blows the hydra dealt on him seemed to hurt more, and Percy could barely slice the skin of the hydra, much less decapitate it.

And, to make matters worse, Percy's plan of making Luke suffer fatal injuries from the hydra seemed to crumble right before him. It appeared that the hydra wasn't willing to attack Luke all that much, which made him confused.

Why did Luke suddenly have the ability to recruit so many monsters, and not get killed by them, without the help of any other villain of higher power? He was only the Son of Hermes, and last time Percy checked, they didn't have monster-summoning abilities.

But it seemed like he could not waste time to fret about it, and instead, he focused on the matter at hand.

He had sliced the second head off, but Ginny had been too slow to blast the stump with fire, and now two more heads emerged from it, its neck slightly charred from Ginny's spell.

Just great, Percy thought as he eyed the four heads he had to cut off, and the two that Luke had yet to kill. Percy leapt and brought his hands over the trunk of one neck, slowly climbing up and then decapitating one of its heads.

"Quick!" Percy shouted as he released his hold on the hydra and landed on the ground. Ginny shot a fireball at the stump, burning its tip and preventing two more heads from sprouting.

"Nice one!" Percy sidestepped as the hydra dove downwards to catch Percy in its mouth, and, before its neck could retract, Percy sliced Riptide through.