#24

A/N: sorry for the number of author notes I'm adding, but which is better: a fanfic with leo and piper before jason arrived, percy jackson waking up from a coma or a girl in the marauders era? cheers xx

Despite having slept for so long, Harry still felt tired the next day. He woke up that Saturday, feeling as if he had aged decades.

He hopped off his bed, quickly changing and leaving the dorm. He didn't want to speak to Travis.

The Son of Hermes was wide awake as well, facing the window and away from Harry. As Harry left, he glanced at Travis. The anger from the previous day had yet to dissipate.

Once he was out of the Gryffindor Common Room, Harry walked. He didn't know where he was heading, but he needed to go somewhere to clear his thoughts. He was still fuelled with fury, his emotions and mind a mess.

Harry paced the corridors, aware that it was still early in the morning and most students were still asleep. He wished he could've been able to relate to them, enjoying the cold weather under their warm duvets, but his mind was simply not at rest. He had too much to think about.

"Are you okay, Potter?"

Harry fell back in shock at the worried voice of his teacher. He hadn't realised that she was there, watching him in concern. "Yes, Professor McGonagall, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" she frowned.

"Perfectly sure," Harry said, lying through the skin of his teeth. McGonagall raised an eyebrow.

"I am!" Harry insisted.

"Potter," McGonagall warned.

"Sorry," he apologised quickly. He tried for a reassuring smile, but it came out as more of a grimace. "I'm fine, Professor. I've just been through... a lot, recently."

"Do you want to tell me about it?"

Harry hesitated. "It's- it's about the newer students... and Luna."

"What happened?" McGonagall questioned. She seemed to already know the answer as she waited patiently for Harry's response.

"I'm not sure if it's my place to tell you," Harry said uncomfortably. He suddenly realised how stupid he probably sounded.

"Where were you lot yesterday? I didn't see you all of after class," McGonagall said, changing the topic.

Harry also didn't know how to answer that. "Uh... It's a long story?"

"Potter, are you sure you're okay?"

"I..." Harry's voice wavered. "I'm not okay."

McGonagall's frown deepened and she directed him to her office, which was right around the corner. "Tell me about it."

"I just had a spat with the dem-" Harry cut himself off as he took a seat opposite of McGonagall. He quickly corrected himself. "The new students. I had a spat with the new students."

"Were you about to say 'demigods'?"

"Wha- no! I mean- uh- how did you know?!"

"I'm a demigod too, Potter. That's how I know," McGonagall sighed.

Harry was most likely gaping like a fish.

"What?! A-are all of you demigods?!" he spluttered, waving his hands around hysterically. "Next thing I know, Ron's a demigod, too! Is he? Actually, no, don't answer that-"

"Mr Weasley isn't a demigod," she said kindly, smiling tiredly.

Harry slouched and sank into the chair, relief clear on his face. "Why did you bring me here?"