#49

Thankfully, for this case, the opposite did come true.

They still, however, had to fight the monster/magical beast that was out to get them, and that was no easy feat, seeing as a large gathering of goblin-looking creatures emerged.

"What the heck is that?" Travis asked, his hand reaching into his pocket for some explosives.

"No explosives, Travis," Hermione said sternly. She studied the beast and turned to Grover. "Those are kobaloi, right?"

"You bet it is," Grover said. He bleated nervously. "My parents used to tell my tales of kobaloi. They were used to frighten kids into behaving."

"They do look like my sleep paralysis demons," Percy grumbled, Riptide raised and ready to go. "So. How do we kill them?"

Harry squirmed. "Uh, maybe we don't kill it? We could just retain it or something, I don't want to-"

"They're gonna get in our way," Annabeth said, as she tried to figure out a way to get rid of the annoying kobaloi. They were known to be mischievous thieves, and though she loved Travis and Connor dearly, she did not need an enemy that acted like the Stoll brothers. She knew Harry was uncomfortable with death, but a monster was a monster, and peace was no option for these creatures.

The kobaloi laughed, an ugly cackle that seemed to slowly make its way towards the group of teenagers and make their hairs stand. Without any warning, they dispersed and began to pick and poke at the demigods and wizards, yelling in glee and darting from one person to another.

When one of the kobaloi tried to grab Travis' wand, he immediately retaliated with a stupefy spell, but his attempt was a weak one, and the kobalos only halted for a second, before catching Travis off-guard and stealing his wand. Connor chuckled at his brother's inability to defend himself with a wand.

"Spell casting isn't easy, okay?" Travis muttered. He tackled the kobalos, trying to wriggle his wand out of its tiny hand.

"You have wizard blood in your veins, bro," Connor laughed.

"At least I have a wand." Travis stuck out his tongue. "You have wizard blood but you can't even do one spell."

Connor shrugged. "We all know I'm a better thief though."

Travis gasped dramatically. "You are not!"

"Guys, focus," Katie murmured. She spared a glance at the Stoll brothers, whom were now both on their feet with their belongings rightfully where they were supposed to be. "But Travis is the better thief."

"Katie," Connor cried softly. "I thought you had my back!"

"Well, you weren't the one I kissed, so," Katie shrugged, smirking to herself.

"You kissed Travis?!" Connor demanded. Travis grinned, despite having been clawed by a kobalos. The kobalos hissed and went to attack Katie.

Katie fended it off with her sword and cleared her throat. "Possibly."

"Okay, was someone going to tell me that my brother kissed Katie fricking Gardner or was I supposed to find out myself?" Connor complained. He screeched as the kobalos tried to steal from him next. "Oh no you don't, goblin! I'm the Son of Hermes, not you, fool!"

"You may be a Son if Hermes, but you'll forever be the lesser thief!" Travis sang.

"If you could just stop talking about kissing and thievery for a moment and, you know, help us?" Hermione disrupted, stunning kobaloi from left to right.