#38

Once the hydra stopped shrieking and the sky was mostly clear of smoke, Percy decided it was safe enough to venture towards the dragon.

Seeing as the dragon looked like Festus, Percy could only assume the dragon was Festus.

He had never seen the rest of metal dragon other than its head, but he recognised the squeaks and creaks it emitted enough to deem it as their figurehead of the Argo II.

Percy jogged towards Festus, trying to keep as quiet was possible in case the two passengers on it decided that he was to be killed and started to attack him.

Only when he was a few metres away from Festus did the two figures notice Percy. The first one waved his hand welcomingly, while the other forced his hand down. She said said something to him, and the boy seemed to consider her words. Finally, he called out, "What's your name and your favourite colour? Just need to check if you're really you."

"Well, I doubt many monsters don't know my name," Percy said plainly. "And my favourite colour's purple."

The boy shot a fireball at Percy. He dodged it, making sure to check where it landed so that Harry or Ginny wouldn't be burned.

"Just kidding, geez," Percy grinned. "It's blue, duh. Can't seem to take a joke, huh, Valdez?"

Leo returned Percy's smile. "Nah, I just wanted to light you up on fire."

"Uh-huh." Percy walked closer until he was face to face with Leo. He met eyes with the girl next to Leo. "Calypso."

She didn't respond, only tilting her head downwards slight in acknowledgment.

Percy sighed. "I know you cursed her. Annabeth, I mean. We went to Tartarus, Calypso. She got hit by your curse."

Calypso frowned. "I'm sorry."

"You should be." Percy's eyes were hard.

Leo stared at the both of them, alarmed at how quickly the mood changed. He also seemed very confused. He said, "Woah, what happened?"

"In Tartarus," Percy begun. He said the name hesitantly, but moved on nevertheless. "Annabeth and I met a bunch of Arai. They're crazed ladies who hold curses that people have wished upon you. Annabeth got struck by Calypso's curse- she was already blind at the time, but because of the curse, she was transported to a place where I couldn't reach her. S-she thought I left her.

"Because of that curse, Annabeth, in a dangerous place and in a vulnerable position, was forced to leave my side. I had never been more worried." By the time Percy finished talking, he was speaking more to Calypso than Leo.

Calypso focused on her shoes. She couldn't bear to look at Percy or Leo's expression. She could tell by Percy's tone that he was disgusted and disappointed, but Leo was all she had left. She didn't want him to feel the same way. She hoped he didn't feel the same way, even though he had every right to.

"I- I'm so sorry. I really am. I was irrational when I cursed her. I apologise."

"It's not me you have to apologise to," Percy said. Calypso could tell from his shadow that he was shaking his head. "Tell that to Annabeth."

"I will."

"Where's your Wise Girl, anyway?" Leo questioned, ignoring how tense Calypso was.

"Luke kidnapped her," Percy grumbled. "She's somewhere here. We have to find her after we save Harry, Ginny and Tyson."

"Hold on." Leo held up his hand. "Luke? Like the guy from the Titan War? And Annabeth's kidnapped? Why only her? Also, who in the world is Harry and Ginny? How did Tyson get here? Back to Ginny. Her parents were drunk when they named her, weren't they? Specifically, drunk on gin?"