We Are One - Full Chapter #1

Jongin's POV

I'm sitting in the main room of Skyler's house with the rest of the members. She has been in her room for the past five hours and we're worried sick.

"Do you think she's okay in there?" Jongdae hyung sighed as I glanced at him.

"I don't know. I know that she's here but she hasn't made any noises once so ever." I've been here for about three hours before the rest of members came.

"How do you know that she's here?" Junmyeon hyung asked.

"I tracked her phone. She's here. And it's still on." I admitted as Kyungsoo hyung chuckled. "What's funny?"

"Nothing. It's just amazing how much you care for Skyler. I admire that."

"Well, I was one of the first people she met when she first started at S.M. So I guess I have a soft spot for her."

"SkyKai for the win." Sehun commented as we all laughed. I stopped as I looked up and saw Skyler come out the room. Her eyes were swollen and her hair was a mess. I could feel my heart break as she got closer to us.

"Skyler! Come sit down." Junmyeon hyung said as he patted an empty space next to him.

"Do I have to? I only came out my room to get some water and a bag of crisps." She said as her voice was hoarse.

"I'll make you whatever you want to eat when we're done with our group discussion." Kyungsoo hyung said. She sighed and sat down next to Junmyeon hyung.

"Let me just say that I'm sorry for bringing on these rumors. And if you think that I should leave the group, let me know now." My eyes went wide at her declaration.

"We don't want you to leave."

Skyler's POV

I looked over at Minseok as his eyes started to well up. "We love you Skyler. And we care about you so much."

"You leaving us will break our hearts." Chanyeol said as everyone else agreed. "We already been through this three times before. If it happens for the fourth time, I think I'll go insane."

"Chanyeol-" Baekhyun started before he was it off.

"No, everyone needs to listen." Chanyeol said as he stood up. "We started off as 12, and now we're at 10 again, technically 9 since Yixing hyung isn't with us. I don't know how the guys initially felt when they found out that we were getting a new member, but I was so happy. I was surprised that it was going to be a girl, but I was still excited. To have a new member of EXO. Someone to create new memories with." He stopped as his voice cracked and tears fell from his eyes. I felt more tears falling from my eyes as I watched him cry. Jongdae and Kyungsoo looked down as their faces turned completely sad.

"I would hate to see another person that I care about just leave us because of how others were treating them and neglecting them." Chanyeol sat back down as Baekhyun rubbed his back. "Skyler, my heart will literally break if you leave us."

"Chanyeol, I understand." I said as I wiped my face for the fifteenth time. "I've been following EXO since the very beginning. I've watched all you grow through out the years and I saw the others leave. I've been hoping and praying that EXO would one day come back as 12 members. But I never expected to be apart of a group that has inspired me greatly and defeated all the odds."

"I never knew we meant that much to you." Minseok said as I nodded my head.

"You guys mean the world to me. My happiness is your happiness. Which is why I don't want to hurt you all because of this stupid rumor. And I also need to know if I'm just an experiment and no one told me about it." I stated as I looked at everyone.

"No. You're not an experiment, Skyler. You're our tenth member." Kyungsoo said as the rest agreed.

"You're like the little sister we never got to have." Jongdae said as Minseok agreed.

"Even though you are older than me, you're like a big sister and a little sister wrapped in one." Sehun said as we all laughed. "I don't think I've seen anyone care for us as much as you do."

"And you give us so much support." Junmyeon said as he pulled me in for a hug. "We're not letting you go anywhere."

"I'm usually not very good with this kind of stuff." Baekhyun said as he let out a shaky breath, continuing to rub Chanyeol's back. "We've all been in your position at one point in our career, especially me. But the one thing you have to remember is the connection and the trust that you have with all of us," he said as he pointed at the members. "And the true fans who knows the difference between what's real and what's false. And I'll be damned if I let you go through that. Because I know how much it hurts. But it hurts me more that you would rather keep it bottled up than to talk to any of us about it."

"I didn't exactly keep it bottled up. My three best friends talked to me through an Instagram chat hours before we all talked." I sighed as I looked down. "That's when I got the idea of leaving the group."

"Skyler, you're not going anywhere. We are here to protect you no matter what." Jongdae said as Kyungsoo and Minseok agreed.

"As team. As a family." Minseok said as everyone agreed. "We are one."

"That's our motto for a reason." Junmyeon said as I looked at him. "As one team. As one family. We can pass through any storm that comes upon us."

"And this is nothing but a storm that is going to pass by. There's nothing we can't pass by." Minseok said as everyone agreed. I smiled to myself and wiped my face.

"I'm so sorry-"

"Stop apologizing Sky. It's not your fault. Just some jealous fans is all." Sehun said as he walked over to me. "Now give me a hug before I start crying too." I laughed as I stood up and gave him a hug.

"I love you guys so much. Thank you for sticking by me."

"Alright everyone! Group hug!" Jongdae said as everyone crowded around me and formed a group hug. "We are one!"

"We are one!" We all yelled as we threw a fist in the air.

I couldn't imagine going through this alone. I'm so glad I have my boys with me. My team. My family.

We are one.

And I'm not going anywhere.