Kingdom Come - Full Chapter #9

Skyler

Skyler

I was in my room getting ready  with the music on full blast, having the time of my life.

"Time we gon' get it, taking our time we gon' get it! Time we gon' get it, taking our time we gon' get it!" I screamed loudly as Hailey busted into my room.

"Sky, can you turn it down a little bit?"

"Are you serious? It's your fault why I'm obsessed with this song." I said as I turned the volume down. "Are the boys asleep?"

"Yeah, but I was in the middle of writing something." She said as she flopped on my bed with a notebook and a pencil.

"Writing what exactly?" I asked curiously.

"A song." She replied as I paused the music. "What?"

"You're writing music again? I thought you stopped."

"I did stop for a while. But I got done at SM early, and I got bored." She shrugged. "I think I'm doing a good job at it."

"What is it called?"

"Kingdom Come." She smiled as she kept writing. "It's about a girl falling in love with this guy. And she will forever love him until kingdom come."

"Cool. Have you figured out the melody?"

"Yeah. I wanted to ask you about it. Sit down." She patted an empty space on the bed until I sat down on the bed. "Just tell me what you think. But don't criticize me for it."

"No judgement here." I promised as I held both of my hands up. Hailey cleared her throat before she started singing.

"You only spread before me. I'm colored with you. You fill my heart. Baby I will love you till kingdom come! I won't wake from this dream baby. Forever, I got you, you got me. Love you till kingdom come!" She sung as my jaw dropped. I haven't heard her singing voice in forever but it sounds like she improved. "Skyler?"

"That was fucking beautiful Hails. What in the actual-" I said as she laughed. "Your voice is so pretty. Why did you stop singing?"

"After that whole SHINee scandal, I just stopped. And the funny thing is, I was supposed to audition for SM later that week."