The Talk - Full Chapter #6

Skyler

The showcase went way better than I expected. I didn't realize how many people wanted to see me until I stepped on stage. We did so many interviews afterwards and I am so drained of energy.

We were on the plane back to Seoul as everyone was asleep except for me. I looked over at Jongdae and Minseok, who were asleep in their own individual corners. I looked over and noticed Yixing typing away on his laptop.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" I frowned as he looked at me.

"I should be asking you that. But I'm just finishing up some stuff." He laughed as he typed on his keyboard. After a minute or two, he closed his laptop and moved towards me. "What's up Sky?"

"I need to talk to you."

"About?"

"The thing." I sighed as I turned my body, giving my full attention to him.

"What about it?"

"I'm not going to lie, I like you. A lot. But for some stupid reason, I'm still holding back."

"It's not stupid Skyler." He turned his attention to me. "I can imagine how scary it is for you."

"But you haven't been in my shoes."

"You're right. But as someone who truly cares for you, I can feel it. And it hurts." He grabbed one of my hands as my heart began to race.

"But I did come up with an idea."

"What is it?"

"A trial run."

"What made you come to this?"

"It was Kris."

"Really?" He said in surprise

"Yeah. He told me that I should give you a shot and that you wouldn't treat me like the others." I grinned as I looked down. "And he said that a trial run should help me."

"That means I can prove my worth to you."

"Yeah, I guess." I looked up as his eyes caught mine. I didn't know what to say because I suddenly became lost in his eyes.

"Skyler." He leaned forward until our foreheads touched.

"Yes?"

"I love you." He leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I looked down quickly as I began to blush.

"Yixing-"

"If you're not ready to say it, don't force yourself. You giving me this opportunity truly makes me happy. I promise to be the best trial run for you."

"Thank you Yix." I said as I gave him a hug. He hugged me back and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"You're welcome darling." He yawned as he stretched his arms out.