10

— INDIA SIMONE

"nah, we ain't fuck or nothing

"nah, we ain't fuck or nothing. we just talked, hung out and shit but this was forever ago. so ion see why she on that bullshit wit' you. she posed to be yo friend,"

"it be ya own bitches, don't even trip tho," joe chimed in from the front seat, rolling a wood.

"so what happened between y'all?" i asked.

"the bitch was crazy," kentrell laughed. "she got mad if i ain't text her fast enough, blew my phone up and she loved poppin' up at the crib,"

"oh wow," i shook my head at the thought of her.

"but when did y'all talk?" i asked furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"a few months befo' i went ta' jail," he licked his lips.

"oh," i nodded slowly, "why she holding a grudge against you?"

"crazy," he chuckled. "i ain't do nun to that lul' girl,"

"we going back to your place?" i asked him, looking at the surroundings.

"yeah. you wanna go home or sum?" he raised an eyebrow.

"no. i was just asking,"

"so when you breaking up wit dude? ain't no reason for y'all to stay together," he smirked rubbing my thigh.

"um," i tucked my bottom lip in. "i don't wanna hurt him,"

"shit, you doing that right na'," he shook his head. "if youn' wanna tell 'em, i will,"

"no, you're right," i sighed. "i'll just call him,"

"you gon' break up wit 'em ova' the phone?" ben chuckled.

"i mean it's better than texting him," i shrugged. "right?"

i looked at kentrell for some type of reassurance.

"don't look at me, yo relationship, yo' decision," he moved his lips to the side. "either way he'll get the message,"

i didn't wait for tayvion to text back, i just went ahead and typed how i felt.

india:
tay, i'm sorry for doing things like this but i don't wanna be with you anymore. you're a good guy and you deserve better but i need to let you go. it'll be better for the both of us if we just broke up. i hope you understand.

i hit send and turned my phone off. it hurted but honestly, it wasn't like i hated him.

i'd rather end it now than hurt him more by staying with him knowing i wasn't being faithful.

when we made it to trell's crib we all went into his room. him and i laid on his bed. joe and ben grabbed seats from outside and made themselves comfortable.