30

— KENTRELL GAULDEN

"so," i paused looking down at the shrimp as he sat on the pan

"so," i paused looking down at the shrimp as he sat on the pan. "how i know when it's done?"

"just make sure the sides are brown, india likes her shit crunchy," angelo informed me as i picked my phone up and took it of speaker.

"aight and just let the noodles boil all the way, drain that shit and add the sauce, shrimp, and then them nasty ass vegetables," i scratched my eyebrow walking to the cabinet.

"yeah, and you got everything else done right? the rose petals and candles?"

"yeah, did that shit first. i ain't buy her too much stuff though cause she, you know,"

"hell yeah," he sighed deeply. "but you doing a good thing bruh. i'm glad you finally doing this and you always got my blessing,"

"thanks mane, you came in clutch today though," i put him back on speaker as i drained the noodles.

"awe fasho, but look, you not even gone need my help no mo'. the rest is really up to you. but i'a see you, mahogany and i finna go out. let me know how the shit turn out,"

"aight bet, bye bruh," i said before hanging up.

i mixed everything together and it actually turned out good, it tasted even better though. i grabbed two clear glass plates and fixed our plates up.

"hey babe," i heard india's voice come through the front door. she dropped her purse and keys on the kitchen counter. "ouuu you cooked?"

"yeah, happy anniversary simone," i kissed her forehead while she cuddled up against me.

"happy anniversary, i got you something," she smirked against my chest.

"oh? what you get me?" i raised an eyebrow resting my back against the counter.

"left it in the car, wanted to wait to give it to you," she pressed her lips together.

"okay, we can eat and i got something for you too," i bent down kissing her lips. "so glad i ain't gotta worry bout yo nose no more,"

"me either, it's irritating sometimes though. you'd think months after the pain would go away," she shrugged looking up into my eyes.

damn, this girl was beautiful. and the crazy part was that she's my girl. and today i'd be asking her to spend the rest of her life with me. it was only right to ask her brother for his blessing, while nanny helped me come up with this dinner.

"let's eat, before the food get cold," i said walking over to the dining table sitting both our plates down.

after pouring two glasses with rosé, i went back to the table. i scooted my chair up so i'd be closer to the table.