23

- INDIA SIMONE
a few months later

"come on ace, let's get you in your cage," i led him to his cage

"come on ace, let's get you in your cage," i led him to his cage. he whimpered as i shut the door and locked it.

"awe baby, we'll be back. mommy loves you," i cooed in a baby voice.

"girl, if youn bring yo ass on." kentrell shook his head, opening the front door to our new condo.

after months and months of searching we finally settled into a decent condo in marietta, georgia. i was leaving my family behind and so was kentrell but we decided moving out of louisiana was best for us.

while kentrell's been out doing shows i've been in the process of opening my store. i'd have a section for the weave and a section for the clothes.

we were on our way to go do some grocery shopping. we had just got our furniture put into the house and now we needed to stock up our fridge and freezer.

"okay so i made a list," i started going off to my notes. "i was thinking get a lot of meats, get eggs, milk, some breakfast foods. then grab some shit to make tonight. and we just grab snacks,"

"aight sounds good," kentrell pushed the buggy out into the store. "and we gotta get ace some mo' food. that nigga getting big as hell,"

"i know, and ima get him some toys. i left all his old ones in louisiana," i pushed my lips out.

"what we cooking tonight? i'm hungry now," he growled holding his stomach.

kentrell grabbed a bag of doritos off the shelf, popping the bag open and throwing chips in his mouth.

"really?" i give him a side eye.

"what? i'm gone pay fa' it," he chuckled moving the bag towards me. "you want some?"

a few chips wouldn't hurt, i grabbed some from the bag and began eating.

"what kind are those?" i moaned looking at the dark purple dorito bag.

"sweet spicy chilli," kentrell sucked on his fingers after rolling the bag up.

"yeah we gone need another bag of those," i licked my lips continuing to do my shopping.

after we paid for everything and got all of it in our car we made it home.

i grabbed as many bags as i could while kentrell was getting the door open. the bags dropped on the kitchen floor and i ran back outside to get the rest of the groceries out.

when we finished putting all the groceries up i let ace out and led him to his food bowl. i dumped a little bit of dog food in the bowl and watched him eat.

i watched kentrell as he started cooking, he decided he would try and cook for me since i've been cooking. i jumped on the counter that was behind him and just watched his every move. he was doing good so far. he started off with his sides and was now working on the meat.

"damn, you been sitting thea' the whole time?" he chuckles turning his head to look at me.

"yup," i smirked popping the 'p'.

"well dinner is almost ready, i was looking up romantic dinners the otha night so i hope you like it," he walked beside me, rubbing his hands together under the warm water.

he then tried them on the towel by the sink and stood in between my legs. he just looked at me and rested his hands on my thighs. his face got closer to mines and i felt his lips push up against mine. i closed my eyes and kissed him back, giving him two more pecks.

if i kept it up any longer we wouldn't be eating anything tonight. ace began barking at the door, but i didn't hear anyone knock. he continued to bark and it made me jump off the counter and go see who was there.

i unlocked the door and to my surprise, nobody was there but i saw a brown cardboard box with a red ribbon around it.

"who is it?" kentrell asked from the kitchen.

"nobody, but there's a package," i said grabbing it and instantly closing the door.

"you not gone open it?" kentrell turned around as he used the fork to move the steaks around.

"i don't know," i took the box, shaking it around but no sound came from it.

"do it say who it's from?" he raised an eyebrow leaving the food unattended to see what was in the box.

"nope," i said looking around the box.

"huh," he scoffed. "let me find out india,"

"find out what kentrell? we've only been here for a few weeks," i rolled my eyes. "think i would need more than two weeks to cheat on you,"

"took you that long to cheat on tayvion," i heard him say under his breath, but i ignored it. i don't feel like arguing with him right now.

he walked back over to the food, turning the eye off and pulling out two white plates and began making our plates. he filled up two glasses of red wine and brought one over to me. he sat his down on the table and went back to grab our plates.

"so why you not opening the box?" kentrell sighed taking a sip from his glass.

"i don't know. what if it's a bomb in there?" i gritted my teeth together.

"you woulda been blown up, as much as you was shaking that damn box," he shook his head starting to dig in his plate.

"thanks for cooking baby, the food looks very good," i said grabbing my plate and digging into my baked potato.

kentrell grabbed the box from beside me and unraveled the ribbon and opened the box, pulling out a card. i watched him tense up as he read it and he just looked at you.

"you still talking to this nigga foreal india?" he flared his nostrils and shook his head.

"talking to who kentrell?" i scrunched my eyebrows and snatched the card from him.

been thinking about you a lot. i miss you and can't wait until you realize i'm the only one for you. i know it's gonna take time but i'm gonna give you your space and when you're ready to come back i'll be here. i've forgiven you so many times and i'd do it again if i had to. love you india

- tayvion

-

welp finna get ready for work

welp finna get ready for work. i might update this book tonight, i might not but i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. and y'all check out my other books. this isn't my only book lol and i made a rant book so go comment topics for me.

rate this book 1-10 🙈
and tell me why? i wanna know why y'all love/hate this book lol