24

- INDIA SIMONE

"kentrell, i said i don't know," i rolled my eyes throwing my dishes in the sink

"call him," kentrell followed behind me.

i gave him a really look as i pressed my body against the kitchen sink.

"now," kentrell insisted.

"oh my god, you doing too much," i said pulling out my phone. "i don't even have his number,"

"if he sending you damn love letters i'm pretty sho' he texting yo phone," kentrell scoffed.

and he was right, i had tayvion under the unknown senders side in my messages.

i called his number hoping he didn't answer but he did.

"india? damn i ain't think you'd call. did you get the card?" tayvion spoke into the phone.

"aye, quit tryna get in touch wit ma' girl. you got one mo' fucking time potna' i ain't in louisiana but you can still get touched. my niggas is out there and when i tell them niggas to blow, they gone blow. nie' we got yo corny ass love note and this cheap ass rose. ion even know how you got our fuckin' address but you got me fucked up. if i find out anything bout you tryna get at india again it's a wrap fa you and that's a muhfuckin promise,"

all i heard was the phone call end, i just gritted my teeth and grabbed my phone from kentrell. i walked over to the couch and just sat there.

i watched ace walk over to me and jumped into my lap.

"ace," kentrell scolded him. "get down,"

i just ignored kentrell and let ace continue to sit on me. i rubbed behind his ears as i scrolled through twitter.

"india, you mad at me?" kentrell asked walking over to the couch and sitting by me.

"no, just don't wanna be bothered right now," i sighed locking my phone and caressing the dog.

"hmm," he hummed licking his lips. "sorry i accused you fa' talkin' to tay, i shoulda took yo word fa' it,"

"it's fine," i mumbled.

"you seem mad,"

"i'm not mad, just let me be,"

"not until you tell me what's wrong," he scooted closer to me.

"baby, nothing. i'm fine," i laughed. "always think i'm upset but sometimes i don't wanna be bothered,"

"i undastand. i'a leave you alone then," he got up from the couch and walked into our bedroom.

i just exhaled deeply massaging ace's ears as he started snoring in my lap. i grabbed the blanket sitting on the back of the couch.

spreading the blanket out, i covered my legs and felt my body get warmer. i rested my head on the couch and felt my eyes getting heavier.

-

"let's go ace," i called him as i walked out the front door, kentrell following behind

i watched his small body waddle outside and jump into the passengers side.

ace was losing weight and it was uncommon, especially since we always made sure he ate. but he barely did that, so we scheduled him an appointment at the vet and hopefully we find out what's going on.

the other night he was throwing up and pissing longer than usual. that's when we made sure we got here before it was too late.

but ace was doing good today, he was full of energy and even ate a bowl full of food.

traffic was ridiculous and i thought it couldn't get any worse but we were gonna be late to ace's appointment if the cars continued to sit there.

my road rage was kicking in and all i did was scream at the car in front of me. he was just sitting there on his phone from what i could see.

i pressed the horn a few times before screaming out. "press on the gas bitch,"

"india," kentrell tried to act shocked. "chill bae,"

"no, this nigga can go and he's just sitting there," i said holding the horn.

the car began to accelerate and i pressed on my gas and switched lanes once i had the chance. i see why they enforce the no texting while driving law here.

i just turned my playlist up and danced to the music. kentrell didn't mind my r&b music and he actually started listening to some of my songs.

"ha' voice so damn soothing," he threw his head back on the seat. "why you can't sing like that?"

"kentrell, you know i just can't sing period. and i hope you ain't over here getting hard off this song," i shook my head looking down at his pants.

"shit every time we listen to this playlist we fucking so that's all i can imagine right na'," he licked his lips and smiled at me.

"true," i nodded, hiding my laughter.

"i miss it," he frowned.

"miss what?"

"feeling you, getting to please you and being closer to yo-,"

"it's been three days," i rolled my eyes. "so shut up,"

"mane, it feel like it's been years. when you get off?" he raised an eyebrow.

"you should know when i'm off, you the one who wanted the eve app on your phone." i laughed at him.

"oh shit i forgot," he unlocked his phone and went straight to the app. "damn july 15th,"

time was ticking and that meant it was time for us to get in this doctors office so we can see what's going on.

we went up to the front desk and the woman let us know they'd call us out any minute now.

"i hope you're okay baby," i cooed holding ace close to me.

"yeah, i'm fine," kentrell said looking at the vending machine and back at me.

"i was talking to ac-, you know what never mind," i shook my head at him.

"ace gaulden," the older male doctor said with his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

i grabbed ace and kentrell followed from behind once again.

"okay so we ran tests and after looking at lab results we think that ace may have type one diabetes,"

-

check out my other books and leave topics on my rant book ❤️ im going to bed i'm exhausted