54

— INDIA SIMONE
a month later

"Nah, fuck you Kentrell," I yelled throwing shit at him

"Nah, fuck you. You wanna leave for days and not call me. I thought we was done, but shit we can be done. I don't want yo' ass no mo'," he scoffed dodging everything I threw at him.

"Well you can get the fuck out my apartment," I dropped a bottle on the ground before I tried throwing it at him.

"This my apartment just as much as it's yours, and I ain't going nowhere,"

"Shit, I'll go then. I don't want to be around yo' ass no more. You wanna fuck on these bitches then you can do it away from me, dirty dick ass nigga, did you even wear a condom?"

He just stood there, his tongue poking through his jaw.

"I knew it," I just scoffed looking at Kentrell with nothing but disgust. "You're a sorry excuse for a man, you ain't even that. You's a damn boy,"

"India," he breathed out. "I was drunk,"

"Drunk?" I just laughed. "So you could drive yourself home but you couldn't tell a bitch you got a fiancé and twins on the way? I don't care if I was gone a month. You asked me to marry you, two whole years and you never cheated on me. But you wait til I leave to do it,"

"India, I'm done talking to you," He just shook his head. "You wanna leave me gone head, you already did it. I'm used to yo' ass being gone now. It don't even hurt no more,"

"You wanna talk about somebody being hurt, I'm hurt too,"

"I apologized time and time again to you. Youn care how I'm feeling tho huh? You treat me like shit and step all over me and when you mess up I still love you and accept you for yo' faults. But I can't fuck up, cause you gone leave and run away from yo problems,"

I just sat on the stool and just looked at him. He was right, I was always quick to give up on him. I was just quick to give up on just about anything.

"I'm sorry," I pressed my lips together looking down at my belly. "We gotta raise twins together, I can't just give up on this so fast,"

"You was 'bout too," Kentrell looked down walking over to me, sitting down.

"Were you foreal when you said you didn't want me anymore?" I rubbed my stomach.

"Nah, just talking shit baby. You know I love you and I'm sorry too,"

"Can we start looking for h-," I spoke but there was a loud knock on our door.

"I'll get it," Kentrell got up and walked to the door.

"We're looking for Kentrell Gaulden?" A deep voice from the door spoke

"Oh, he don't live here," Kentrell went to shut the door but they pushed the door.

"Aye, y'all chill," Kentrell said, "I said he don't live here. Try the apartment down th-,"

"We know who you are Mr. Gaulden, come with us,"

I got up from my seat to see what was going on. Two officers were at the front door. "What's this about?"

"Don't worry bout it, we're taking him downtown,"

"For what?" he raised his eyebrows as the officer jerked him up, putting handcuffs on him and walking him towards the elevator that led downstairs.

I ran off to Kendell's room, knocking on his door before opening his door. "C'mon you gotta drive me down to the police station, they just took Kentrell,"

"Did what? For what?" he jumped up out of his bed rushing to get his shoes on.

"I don't know," I pouted.

We rushed out of the house immediately. I couldn't waste any time, especially for my baby. Even though out relationship was all over the place right now I couldn't just wait around.

"That's bullshit, if they wanted to arrest him over that why they ain't do it then?" Kendell shook his head pressing the gas harder, speeding up the drive.

"Right, this gotta be some other shit," I just shook my head.

When we made it inside the police department, I asked the clerk if Kentrell was in yet. She told me that he just made it in, they don't have his bail.

I waited there all night until we heard something about his bail. It was 10,000 dollars to bail him out.

"Kentrell?" I sighed as I watched him come out.

"Thank you," he smiled pulling me into a deep hug.

"I wasn't finna let them keep you from me," I scoffed, kissing his cheek. "Let's get you home, it's six in the morning,"

this is the end of down chick :( i'll write an epilogue maybe but this is the end babes 😭 go check my other books out though cause this definitely not the end of me 🥵