48

INDIA SIMONE

i just walked in the house, threw my stuff done in the room and turned back around when i saw kentrell laying there on his phone

i let ace just roam around, he did his business before we came in so i didn't have to worry bout him pissing or shitting on our carpet floors.

his voice muffled through the walls and i couldn't gather everything that was said. i just ignored him.

my body moved towards the living room, i decided to sit on the couch and find something to watch.

i had some food left over from the soul food joint and heated it up.

"so you ain't hear me?" kentrell walked out of the bedroom.

"nope," i popped the 'p' and shoved mac and cheese into my mouth.

"aight," he snickered and shook his head and walked over to the couch. "ion know what's been up yo' ass lately. what's wrong?"

"you," i moved away from him as he tried to put his lips on me.

"me?" he moved back raising an eyebrow. "the fuck i do?"

"you'll leave me here by myself while you go do what you do. you don't even come home at a decent time. you stopped working in the shop and you just been on some sneaky shit. if i ain't what you want no more just tell me," i looked over at him.

"what? girl ain't nobody cheating on you," he sighed. "look, i picked up another job. i needed the extra money and i know you had a job fa' me but that's yo' money and what i'm doing now is paying me way much more than any job i've had,"

he wiped his nose and looked up at me. "i'm sorry i ain't been keeping it a buck wit'chu but i ain't want you stressing out over the shit,"

"i been stressing and it's not good for the baby. but you only give a fuck 'bout yourself. i bet you back in that street shit, you told me you'd never put yoself in a position where yo life is jeopardized. you think i wanna raise a kid by myself? i watched my mama do it and i'm not going through that shit,"

"simone, i wouldn't do you like that ma, you know me better than that. yes, i'm back in the streets but i ain't going nowhere so chill out and just let me do my shit til i get my money up," he rubbed my thigh. "you mad at me?"

"it's whatever, do ya thang," i scoffed closing up my to go box and putting it away.

shit i don't think i'm wrong about this one. you go back to the shit that had you fucked up for years. we've been together for two years and counting, both of us doing perfectly fine, financially, mentally, physically, allat.

all the fucking jobs in the world and he wanna go back to his old ways. next thing you know another bitch gone come out saying she pregnant with his babies.