46

— INDIA SIMONE

a few weeks later

"kentrell, where's my fucking sweatshirt?" i rummaged through my side of the closet trying to find my, well kentrell's nike hoodie

"watch yo' tone pregnant lady," he chuckled walking into the closet, going through his things.

"i had it on my side, why you move it?" i scrunched my face up at him.

"cause it's mine," he huffed. "i just got it and you already claiming my shit. i just gave you some hoodies, and now you wearing my sweatpants?"

he looked down at my legs and shook his head, "they were comfortable and none of my clothes fit," i argued.

"any other time you ready to go shopping," he attempted to mock my voice making me roll my eyes in the back of my head.

"i don't like you," i walked out of the closet and sat on the bed, putting on my all white forces.

"you love me," he popped his head through the door. "i can't find the sweatshirt baby, i hung it up ova' hea' last night. or maybe i tossed it in the dirty clothes. wear this one,"

he tossed a red sweatshirt at me and i pulled it over my head, letting it fall down on me.

it wasn't tight fitting like all of my other clothes, it was loose and i finally felt like i could breathe.

"now are you ready?" he smiled, fixing himself in the mirror and turning back towards me.

"yeah," i sighed. "i'm getting tired of these damn appointments,"

"i think they coo', get to hear my baby heartbeat. this shits crazy, you got my seed growing in you," he chuckled.

"i get that, i'm just tired all the time, hate getting up i'd rather stay in the house all day and sleep,"

"and eat," kentrell mumbled to himself but loyd enough that i heard him.

"shut yo' dent having ass up," i laughed following behind him as we walked through the parking garage.

"oh so you got jokes now? when you become a comedian?"

"ever since i started dating a clown," i smiled as trell held the car door open for me.

"damn you trash wit' the comebacks, i gotta make sho' my baby funny like me cause you nowhere close,"

"whatever," i swatted him away before he shut the door and hopped on the drivers side.

i just laid my head on the window as he drove out of the garage. i was really silent most of the ride because i was tired, i didn't think being pregnant would make me this exhausted all the time.

the doctor said it's healthy to get all the sleep i could. i've been trying, i even hired nala back so she could manage the store the appropriate way.

kentrell didn't know what he was doing, bless his heart. but he's still working there, just keeping an eye out on things and he helped install the security system.

i've been home, working hard for this degree. i'm nowhere near finished. i need to get my bachelors and then do four years of medical school.

hopefully it'll be worth it, it's something i'd love to do. mama was a doctor and i always saw myself following in her footsteps.

but, if all else fails i have a business to fall back on.

"how you feeling today india?"dr. jones flashed her teeth, pulling gloves over her hands.

"been really tired lately," i gave her a half smile, swinging my feet back and forth.

"well, it's very common you'll experience fatigue throughout most of your pregnancy. have you been getting eight hours of sleep?"

"yes," i answered.

"no, she hasn't. she'a stay up alllllll night tryna finish her homework and watch them corny ass netflix series'," kentrell spoke, grabbing the doctors attention.

i pressed my lips together as the doctor gathered her attention back to me. "i promise getting your rest now will pay off in the future when you're up all hours of the night taking care of the baby,"

"you're right. i'll get more sleep,"

"good," she turned on the screen next to us and pulled my clothing covering my stomach back. "you been experiencing any unusual pains or heavy bleeding?"

"no, i think i'm good on all that. everything seems fine," i spoke as she started putting the cold jelly substance on my stomach.

she moved the doppler slowly, turning her head to the screen. my eyes shifted as well, kentrell randomly grabbed my hand.

i smiled at his gesture and gripped onto his hand.

"you can tell it's still early, but the heartbeat is there," she smiled at us, continuing to move the ball around my belly.

she kept quiet as we listened to our babies heart. it was so good to hear and know that our child was alive and well.

i've been doing everything right thus far. no smoking, i even switched up my diet so i could breastfeed. i just need to work on sleeping more instead of trying to be a busy body all the time.

it's time to get kentrell and kendell's asses to work.

"when can we know the gender?" i asked continuing to listen to my child's heart.

"maybe around twenty weeks, it's too early to tell but are y'all wanting anything specific?"

"no not really, i always wanted a boy but i'll be happy with whatever,"

"shit, i want a babygirl. can't wait to spoil her fareal," kentrell's voice sent chills down my spine.

after cleaning my stomach off and getting my things together it was time to leave the doctor's office.

"i'm more excited now that i heard the heartbeat," i squealed. "like this shits getting more real, we gotta move out and get a real place baby. there's not gonna be any room for the baby. and i don't wanna move after he/she gets here,"

"you right, we'll go house hunting this week. i'm not trying to move after you have the baby. shit we gotta get something bigger, especially once we start having more kids," he smirked.

"don't get too happy," i raised an eyebrow at him. "i think one should be enough,"

-

this ain't take long to write but i hope it was chill, i ain't wanna do too much just yet 😌

what y'all want more of? come on and interact and quit being scary, i like hearing y'all feedback.

any baby names? (no basic ass names, and they can be boy or girl even though i know the gender already) anyways, thanks for reading and you heffas make sure y'all voting and commenting on my shit 😂