20

- INDIA SIMONE

i was laying in my bed just like any other day

i was laying in my bed just like any other day. when i heard kentrell's phone ringing. i rolled over and peeped to see who was calling.

it was just a number but i did answer just incase it was an important call for him.

"hello?" i raised my eyebrows as i clicked on the green button and put the phone to my ear.

"yes, is this kentrell gaulden," a high pitched woman's voice replied.

"no? it's his girlfriend though. may i ask who's calling?" i raised an eyebrow.

"well could you just have him give me a call back?" she spoke into the phone.

"may i ask who's calling?" i repeated myself.

"i'm alyssa jones and i work at the paternity testing office. i'm in the office all day so just let him know i had his results,"

"paternity?" i raised an eyebrow, getting up to see where the fuck kentrell was.

"yes ma'am," her voice squeaked in my ear.

"okay, thanks. i'll make sure he calls you," i scoffed into the phone.

"thank you so much and you have a great day,"

"you too," i hung the phone up and went to go find kentrell.

he was supposed to have been taking a shower in the main bathroom.

"kentrell desean gaulden, you got some fucking explaining to do today my nigga," i sang walking around the house.

i knocked on the bathroom door, no i wasn't even knocking. i was pounding at this point.

as time progressed and i began to process everything i was a bit furious. what the fuck is a woman at the paternity office calling his phone for?

and why the fuck is he hiding some shit like that from me for? if it was from a previous relationship then why wouldn't he tell me anything.

"open the damn door," i continued banging on the door.

"hold the fuck up, i'm tryna dry off,"

"kentrell," i spoke in a warn tone. "if you don't open this door now i swear to G-,"

the door was open and kentrell looked down at me.

"why the fuck is this woman at the paternity office calling ya phone," i raised my voice.

"why the fuck is you yelling?" he flared his nostrils. "and don't worry i ain't the daddy so you can quit allat shit,"

"how you know that?" i scrunched my face.

"cause i know and i was gone tell you but it was some old shit and it ain't my damn kid so i ain't think it was that important," he shrugged his shoulders wiping his neck with a towel.

"you won't know until you call her, so here," i handed him his phone. "and put it on speaker,"

"mane, you gone be sorry as hell when i'm right," he shook his head pressing on the number and putting the phone on speaker.

"hello? this is alyssa at the paternity office."

"yeah, this kentrell. you just called?" he looked down at his phone.

"kentrell gaulden? yes i have your results on file," she informed him.

"what the hell they say?" he looked down at his phone.

i just rolled my eyes at him and continued to listen.

"well, they came back undefined," she started.

"so that means i ain't the daddy right?" his eyes lit up as he looked at me.

"not necessarily, we'll need you to retake it,"

"well when i need to come up thea'? i'll pull up right nie," he shook his head.

"um, if you want to you can but the baby and baby mother will have to be present," she sighed.

"why it set up like that?" he squinted his eyes.

"well we have to have the kid here just so we can test again,"

"aight," he shook his head. "i'll be up thea',"

"so whose the babymama?" i asked as he hung up the call.

"ain't no damn babymama, just another bitch that want money from me." he shook his head. "this why i ain't tell yo ass, you think everything a fucking joke,"

"no the hell i don't. this some shit i need to know. cause if it is yours then you got more responsibilities and i don't know if i'll be able to stick around," i leaned against the door frame.

"what you mean you ain't gone be able to stick around? you gone stop fucking wit me if the baby mine?" he shook his head.

"i mean it's more than just a baby. you have a whole bitch that's gone be in yo life cause you ain't wrap yo shit up. she's gone be tryna start shit wit' me cause she probably won't want me around her kid." i crossed my arms.

"it won't be like that," he licked his lips. "cause that kid ain't mine. nigga don't even have my eyes,"

"that don't mean a damn thing. you need to call this bitch and let her know you on the way and she need to come on and bring the kid so we can get this shit out the way," i snapped my fingers.

"i already texted ha', she said she was gone meet us up thea',"

-

i shook my legs against the ground as we waited on kentrell's alleged baby mother to pull up.

"why you nervous fa'?" he looked at me smirking.

"cause ima be mad as fuck if this is your kid. like how you just not tell me there's a possibility you had a baby. not once out this whole time we been talking you never brought it up. you would stop fucking wit me if i got pregnant on you,"

"okay you right but that would be cheating if you got pregnant on me. it's not even close to the same thang babeh, this was before we started dating and i ain't want yo ass to know cause i knew you was gone act like this," he shook his head.

"i'm just not tryna deal wit the drama and i want us to have our first kid together. i ain't finna play step momma to nobody kid,"

"well you will be, cause this is his kid," a brownskin girl with faux locs walked up to us with a baby on her hip.

"it ain't my damn kid mariah, ion know why you just think im the daddy. need all of louisiana in this muhfucka," he scoffed. "and my girl ain't got nun to do wit this so you be better off not saying shit to her,"

"so why is she here?" she laughed.

"cause i'm here," i smacked my lips. "there's nothing you need to say. just sit here and wait for them people to call yo ass to the back,"

"straight like dat', cause you gon be lost for words when the results come back and i ain't the daddy,"

"kedarius turner," the woman in a white lab coat walked out with a clipboard.

-

ahh is kentrell the father? i dunno but you lil mfs gone have to wait cause im finna update my other books for a few days and give myself a break from india and kentrell.

and somebody hmu i need some friends on here!!!! like i bored as a bitch.

and i got a ig page @juicytiti so go follow that while y'all ain't doing nothing

vote, comment, share