41

- INDIA SIMONE

"happy birthday!" everyone cheered clinking their cups against each others

"happy birthday india," staci smiled taking a sip of her champagne.

it was october 16th and my twenty-first birthday. i'm officially a grown ass woman and my age wasn't the only thing that defined it.

my business is successful, i'm back in school taking an online class so i can be even more successful.

people always stick to one source of income and there's more to life than doing the same shit everyday.

my birthday was today and kentrell's was five days away. he and i will be taking a planned trip, i scheduled everything for both of us and i can't wait to see how things go this time around.

our first trip together was a disaster and the one coming up should be the complete opposite.

i decided it'd be nice to take a trip to jamaica, the bob marley museum, the waterfalls and caves.

bahamas was just pretty and had a few attractions but jamaica got some shit i never saw before. and to top it off i heard the weed there was the shit.

after finishing paperwork up and collecting my birthday presents from my employees i was almost out the door.

i stood back preventing myself from running into the solid figure in front of me.

as i took a closer look, it was exceptionally dark outside but i could tell who she was.

"happy birthday," nala sighed handing me a victoria secret bag. "i really miss it here and i miss our bond, just reconsider everything. i made some rookie mistakes and i've apologized for them,"

"thank you," i accepted the bag from her and tried to put my words together before saying whatever.

"and i'll think about it. you should've come sooner so we could've sat down and talked but now i'm on the way home." i acknowledged her. "just text me when you're free and we can talk about things the proper way. i'll see you,"

i walked out to my car dropping all my bags and boxes of gifts into my backseat and preparing to drive off.

trell was back in the studio and i've been playing a few songs he'd sent me. all of his unreleased songs were for his new album and he was dropping it on his birthday.

i loved that our birthdays were so close to each other. we get to celebrate everything together. even when we stayed on 38th street, nanny threw our little block parties on the same day.

it's crazy how we found our way back to each other though. it still blows my mind to this day. i would've never believed i'd actually be with this man.

we have our fights and times where we don't wanna talk to each other. everything that glitter ain't gold but we make the best of our relationship.

i finally made it home, sticking my key into the door and opening the apartment up.

"surprise," several voices shouted at me, actually surprised me.

my favorite people were here and i already know this was kentrell's doing, he was always pulling some shit off but i loved him for it.

"angelo, nanny," i ran into them hugging them tighter than i have before. little did they know they were my backbone when mama passed away and they really all i got right now. if i lost them i don't know what i'd do with myself.

"hey baby," nanny's soft voice spoke into my ear as she rubbed my back. "happy birthday,"

"thank you," i smiled looking ahead to see kentrell trying to hide his smile.

"aye lil sis, happy birthday," angelo smirked as we all pulled out of the hug. it was so refreshing to see my family's faces.

"thank you lo lo,"

"bae, you wearing that out to the dinner?" he licked his lips, pulling me to the side. "ain't none wrong wit' it but i know how you is,"

"a dinner? where we going?" i walked over to him as we headed towards the room.

"well," he jumped onto the bed as i looked through my closet, grabbing a tight-fitting, brown dress that had a low v-cut in the breast area. the straps were thin and i had some open-toed nude heels that i threw on.

good thing my toes were done.

i walked out of my closet and held my hand on the wall, posing for kentrell. his eyes suddenly shifted from his phone over to me.

his pupils dilated and he bit his bottom lip slowly, getting up and pulling me close to him.

"damn," he licked his lips and sized me up, meeting back up with my eyes. "you one of the most beautifulest girls i have ever laid eyes on. you know how lucky i am? you know how many niggas i'a kill over you? you know how many babies i wanna put in you right na',"

"bae, beautifulest isn't a word but thank you," i pecked his lips. "i love you,"

"it's a word i'a use to describe you bae, cause ain't no other word good enough for ma' baby. happy birthday my queen," he walked over to the bed, grabbing a zales bag and handing it to me.

"bae," i looked up at him with a smug look. he was always spending his money on me.

but i threw out the black tissue in a hurry and pulled out a sleek and shiny black box. i removed the top and it was a diamond necklace. the pendant was a capital k and turning it over it had our anniversary date on the back.

11.27.2019

"i love it," i wrapped my arms around his neck, repeatedly kissing his plump lips.

"let me put it on you so we can go," he kissed me once more before taking the box and pulling the necklace on. "turn around,"

i did as he said, the necklace was cold and i chilled up a little bit but my body heat outgrew it and i was fine. after he connected both sides of the necklace i looked in the mirror and squealed. "bae, this shit cold," i spoke in awe pulling my phone out and going to my snapchat.

"y'all bae got me this fucking necklace, this shit fye." i zoomed my camera in on the big k that sat on my chest.

kentrell pressed himself into me, holding onto my hips. "cause she fucking wit' a real nigga. happy birthday queen,"

-

sorry i took forever lmao a bitch been going through it but im straight now and finna update more and this book probably gone be over in twenty more chapters. i may make it longer it just depends on how much y'all fuck wit the book.

but ah side note, they both older in the book if yall aint peep, kendell is younger before i get mfs commenting talking shit.

y'all i really came this far in a whole month and i wanna say thank you to all my supporters. i really thought nobody was gon give my uglass a chance lmao. but yes i done fell in love with kentrell and india like they my kids and ima be sad asf when i finish it