Chapter 42: Changes

Can's POV
I stop dead on my track.
It is him. No other than Tin himself.
He has not change much since the last time I saw him. What is he doing here? Did he knew I already came back? Did Charles told him? These questions run in my mind.

Suddenly all of the memories that I tried so hard to forget came rushing on me.
"Who would want you? Someone who sleeps with everybody else!" His lines that was uttered a year ago now rings on my mind as if it was only yesterday. But I am stronger now, I am no longer that stupid Can who will fall for his words not anymore.

"Can!" He said while running towards me.
"You're back! I'm so sorry for what I did the last time I was wrong. It was her, Emma, she did all of that to set us up." He continue to tell the true side of the story. For some reason I don't find the urge to listen to what he is babbling about. No I take that back the more appropriate term is I don't care what happened really.
"Charles, let's go I'm hungry." I called my brother not giving Tin any sort of attention. It seems he got what I meant and walk towards our house.
"Can, please listen to me." Tin said.
Then I saw Charles, he is gripping Tin's wrist restricting him to get closer.
"It's alright Charles I can deal with him. You can go inside. I'll be right next to you I promise." I convince my brother.
"Ok, don't take your time." He said before going in.

I force myself to speak with him, he's presence is irritating enough.
"What do you want?" I told Tin.
"Uhmm it's, ah here I bought this for you!" He said handing me the bouquet on his hand.
I look at the flowers, they are beautiful if he did this before I left I must be jumping out of joy. Then I look at him again.
You can see the happiness beaming from his black orbs. Is he that happy to see me back? No, Can don't fall for his trap. I told myself.
"Can! I wanted to apologize, you know for what I said before?" He said stuttering.
"Yes if I remember you told me that you would not want to be near a slut like me right? I can still remember it too well. Now look at you, did something happen for you to change your mind?" I told him flatly.
"I was angry back then. I felt betrayed." He replied.
"Now you're back because you knew the truth behind that night." I stated to him.
"Yes, and I wanted to correct the wrongdoings that I did to you." He said.
"Do you expect me believe you?" I retorted.
"Little devil please tell me what you want me to do so I can win you back. I'll do everything." He said his voice is pleading.
"You'll do everything?" I ask him back.
He just nod.
"Tin, go away I don't want to see you again. That's what I wanted from you." I said before turning my back and throwing the bouquet on the thrash bin and head inside.

Tin's POV
"Tin, go away I don't want to see you again. That's what I wanted from you."
After he said those words my knees felt weak. He has change, I can see it in his eyes. They are vague, empty and emotionless.
My vision began to blur.
I smile bitterly.
It was me who changed him. That jolly happy teen I met is now a shell of his former self.
I cannot falter now.

The next day I went back to Can's house.
I saw him step out of their gate without Charles. Where is he going? I told myself. I trail him, walking for some 15 minutes away he stop in front of a cafe. He went inside.
He sat on one of the couches before picking his phone.

I went after him

I went after him.
I saw him end the call.
"Can!" I called his attention.
Then he turn to my direction. You can see the irritated look in his face. He is not happy to see me. That is very clear. I went closer to him, in front of him to be exact. He is now looking upward since he is seating.
"Can! Please we need to talk." I told him.
"I don't know if you are dumb, stupid or both! Haven't you heard what I said yesterday?" Woahh! Honestly I did not expect this from him.
"Can please?" I said my eyes are now watery because of the tears that started to form.
"Don't make me repeat myself. Now get lost." Then he left and pass thru me.
I was left there crying.