Chapter 70: Flashback - Memories

Each one of them look at Vlad.
Tom in particular is sending daggers to his cousin who is smirking at him.
"Do you guys fall for that? I'm just kidding." Vlad said while keeping an eye on Tom's reaction. His cousin's face twitch in dismay and perhaps annoyance.
"Vlad! Don't do jokes like that, keep in mind that Can is a visitor and we aside from that as a royal member of the family we know the word respect better than anyone." Stephen said as he drink on his wine.
"Pffpt! Such party poopers." Vlad responded.

"Can! Come on let's eat. Here try this dish. I cooked it myself." Ken said as he boast his own recipe of steak. Upon seeing the foods that are in the table Can's eye glow in complete happiness.
He tasted each food with delight.
Soon everybody has eaten their own fair share of food.
Can is sitting at the edge of the jacuzzi. Steam can be seen rising from it's surface. It's not too hot though. Can carefully dip both of his foot and began playing with the water.

Tom is watching Can keenly from where he is seated inside the Villa.
He stand up and started walking to where Can is busy relaxing himself with the warmth of the water.
"Mind if I join you?" Tom said as he move next to Can.
"No, not at all besides this place belongs to you." Can said while staring at the stars that lit the black night sky that glitter on Can black orbs.
Tom's hand reaches for Can soft cheeks.
The young royal brushes on Can's luscious lower lip.
His gazed never ceases at Can's beautiful face.

Tom is certain about how he likes Can in that short span of time they have been together. He continue closing the gap between their faces until they are just four inches apart. Tom wanted to kiss Can on the lips. He is almost at his goal when Can turn his face away.
Embarrassed Tom sat straight.
Silence envelopes them.
"Can, I've been wanting to ask if you are somehow in a relationship right now?" Tom ask out of the blue breaking the awkward silence between them.

Can is silent for a minute or so before he began to speak.
"I was in a relationship before I decided to move here." Can responded putting an emphasis on how it is all in the past.
Tom noticed how Can's face turn sour.
"You can tell me about it if it will make you feel better." Tom said.

Can sighed.
"I met him when he accidentally barged in my room when he had a drinking session with my older brother Charles. His name is Tin." Can began to tell his story.

Tom quickly remembered how Can referred his ex lover to be a he. The odds are in his favour, Can is single and he is into guys like him.
Can continue to tell his story.

"He and I were never on the friendly side at first because I am mad at him stealing my first kiss. But eventually, we realised that we were into each other. Things were pretty smooth until our relationship got tested. I was framed of sleeping with someone else. The sad part of that was he never listened to me and I decided to leave to compose myself back." Can said as he narrates the synopsis of their love story.

"That's all in the past now." Tom said patting Can on his back while affectionately looking at Can's orbs that began to swell because he is trying to control the tears.
Tom hold on Can's chin pulling the young man's face closer to his. Can turn away but he pull his face back to face him once more.
Their faces are inching closer and closer.

"Can!" It is Vlad with Keith on his side.
Both Tom and Can quickly move away from each other and turn their attention to Vlad.
Tom hissed in dismay.

"Welcome to Grandeur and to Australia!" Keith said smiling while holding some balloons on his hand while Vlad has a cake with lighted candle on it. Whereas, Ken has a banner that has a welcome sign on it and Stephen has some party hats.
Can smiled with the simple gesture yet extravagant welcome party.

When it is time for Can to go home Tom walk him up to his dorm.
"Please say my thanks to everyone back in the Villa and thank you also for walking me back." Can said to Tom while the two of them are standing in front of the door.

Before Tom left, he give Can a peck on his cheeks which caught Can in surprise.
"What is that for?" Can ask Tom.
"Well, uhmm goodbye kiss?" Tom answered as his face turns red.
"Uhm can I stay here?" Tom followed up.
"You can't, your guards will stay outside in the cold that is something inhumane." He said as an excuse. But in reality Can felt it is weird for Tom a prince to stay with him. Plus, he has not move on yet with Tin.

"I'll see you again tomorrow." Tom said while pinching on Can's cheeks and giving him one last peck on his lips but Can is able to stop him before doing it so.
Tom laugh before taking his leave.
Can is dumbfounded.

—————————————————————————————
Sorry for the late update!
Enjoy reading.