Chapter 64: Mastermind

Can has been there for almost four days now but no one ever come to visit or speak to him. He is puzzled as to why he was kidnapped. If they intend to extort money they should have contacted his parents and let him speak with them to prove that he is alive and well. But no it never happen and judging from the way how he is well provided he dismiss the idea of money in the equation.

His room has brand new clothes, a ration of grocery worth of food, chips and sweets are perfectly stock plus he has a single stove induction cooker and a fridge, toiletries are also well provided and even has a tv and dvd's.

"I need to stay strong, I'm sure my family and Tin is looking for me. I just have to be strong until they found and rescue me." Can said to himself trying to find comfort on his miserable situation.

On the other hand the police are still clueless about Can's whereabouts.

"You still have not find him? Are you really looking for him? He's been missing for four days now. You still have no lead as to why and who could have done this to him!" Tin hissed in dismay at the police officer in charge of Can's kidnapping case.
He is losing his patience in waiting.

The next morning Tin get up early. He plans to hire a private investigator to help him look for Can.
On his way down he saw the news.

"The heir of the supermarket magnate Castor Marquez has been kidnapped. The said young Marquez is set to marry the youngest son of the Royce family. Unfortunately, the young Marquez has not been found yet and the motive of the kidnapping is still undetermined.

Last year, he was involved in an alleged scandal but was proven innocent and that he was set up by someone who is not named in order to get him separated from Tin Royce.

The family is asking for prayers for the safe rescue of Can Marquez."

The news does not help at all to alleviate the heavy feeling Tin has. He felt so useless.

"Tin, honey! Come here." His mom called him as he reach the last step of the stair.

"What is it Mom?" His voice is lifeless, he has dark circles around his eyes. It is obvious that he has not slept well recently.

"Your Dad has called his private investigator to help look for Can. Even Can's own parents did the same. Just stay strong son. I know it is hard but you have to stay strong for Can." His mom told him and Tin broke in tears.

"Mom! I don't know what to do. I felt so useless. They might be hurting Can right now." He cried on his mother's tight embrace.

"I know how hard this is for you, but you must remain calm and strong. We will find him. Did I forgot to tell you that the Chamberlein's are also helping look Can." His mom told him.

"Chamberlein? Why? What is it with them?" Tin wipe the tears as he wanted to know more about what he just heard.

"Oh! So you are not aware as well? You know Lucas right? The uhmm Charles boy....friend? Anyway he is the only son of the Chamberlein and the heir to the business conglomerate. Since it involve Can he wanted to help out." Tin is astounded he know that Lucas is from a well to do family but the Chamberlein, the richest family in the country.

Somehow he got another source of strength knowing that they found another team to look for Can. To him, his mom is correct he needs to be strong more than ever for Can.

On the place where Can is kept.

"How is he? Did you make sure he is well provided just as I told you?" The mastermind of the kidnapping ask his men.

After days of holding Can he is now ready to face him face to face. His men only nod suggesting that they have kept Can well and he is comfortable on his room with all the needs provided.

"Good. I will see him now accompany me and make sure the security is tight. I don't want anyone to find him here." After he finished instructing them he went to Can's room. He cannot wait to see Can again.

Can is woke up when things suddenly get lively outside. For the first time he heard noise coming from the opposite side of the door. He stand up awaiting for some grunt to emerge from the door.

The door is unlock and little by little the door open up.
He saw a familiar guy standing on the door. He's eyes widen in shock.

"Hello Can! Did you miss me?"

Can cannot believe it!

"Tom?" Can asked in disbelief.

Tom smile.
He went inside of his room. His goons are still guarding the door. He strut in confidence towards where Can is standing.

Can still cannot believe it

Can still cannot believe it. Tom is the one behind his kidnapping. He felt betrayed. He did not think of him capable of doing such deed.

"Why are you doing this? Let me go home this instant!" Can shout at Tom demanding his release. His hands are clutch ready to throw a punch. He look at Tom with distaste and hate. He trusted him.

"You will not go home! You are the one who broke your own words! Remember what you told me back in Australia?"

—————————————————————————————-
Here you go! As promise this chapter already gave a face on the mastermind of Can's kidnapping!
Just who Tom is?
What sort of relationship he has with Can?
We will know more about him in the next chapter!
Happy reading. 😊