Chapter Thirteen

I released my hands from her wrists, then slowly taking a step back, unpinning her from the wall. We both began taking short deep breaths. I zip up my fly as she adjusts her blue dress.

"Nice seeing you again, Jason" Ashley smiles.

"You too Ash" I kiss her cheek before leaving the bathroom.

Why do I attend house parties? Meaningless hookups with girls from my school and Springwood high. Riversiders wouldn't dare show up to one of our parties. I'm not one of those guys who sleep with girls and never see them again, I always remember their names and we remain friends. They're always aware that it's completely meaningless.

"Hi, Jason" a deep voice greets from beside me. "How long you been here?"

I snap my head in his direction. "Too long" I smirk.

I take the drink from Jerry's hand before quickly guzzling it.

"Jesus how many have you had" Jerry laughs.

"Not enough," I admit as giving him the empty cup, "nice party"

Jerry is a fellow senior from Springwood high. He's the captain of their football team thus supposed to be my rival, but in fact, he's a friend.

"Thanks, man" he nods.

I begin walking through the crowded house when I literally bump into someone. Well, they ran into me.

I look down to see an awkward looking girl holding a cup full of punch. "Jason" she sighs in relief. "What are you doing here?"

"I was gonna ask you the exact same thing" I smirk, "you don't seem like the kind who would attend a high school party at this late hour"

"I thought I'd live a little" Ayla shrugs, "what's your excuse? I mean I figured you were too antisocial for this kinda thing"

Ayla Stewart, the pessimistic new girl who sits with Hayden and me in biology. She also seems to be hanging around Duncan a lot, rumors are going around of them possibly dating.

"I heard there would be free booze," I admit.

"Getting hammered, huh?" she cocks a brow.

"Just like everybody else here" I point out.

"Right" she nods "I guess I'll see you at school?"

"Yeah" I nod as looking at her punch filled solo cup. "That's spiked by the way" I inform her before walking away.

I enter the crowded living room slowly. The music's so loud, I can barely hear myself think. This is why I hate attending high school parties. They're only good for two things. Meaningless hookups and free booze. check and check.

Suddenly I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around to see a familiar man, folded arms, leather jacket, mean look.

He makes a gesture, indicating that he wants us to go upstairs. I nod calmly before we both make our way through the house and up the staircase, away from the people and music.

"Sanders" he starts.

"Tate" I clench my jaw, trying my hardest to remain calm.

Jim Tate. A guy who stands with his six-four height and narrowed eyes.

"Been a while" he reminds me.

"Since you tried to kill me" I point out.

I haven't seen Jim Tate, since the night of Duncan's car accident. A part of me thought that I'd never see him again, but deep down I know that he would be back.