Chapter Thirty-Seven

When my eyes open, I find myself in a room I don't recognize. I sit up from the bed and search my surroundings to find a woman fixing her hair quickly in front of the large mirror.

She stands their dressed formally in a pencil skirt and white button-up shirt. Her long blond wavy hair sits at her hip.

What is her name?

The woman looks over to me with her piercing blue eyes. "Can you lock up when you leave?" She asks while putting on her blue pea coat.

When I nod slowly, she exits the hotel room.

I press my hand firmly onto my head when I feel the headache kicked in.

I need to quit this shit.

I'm sick of waking up hungover every day and with no memory of the night before.

My clothes lay scattered across the hotel room floor. I pick my jeans up slowly as well as my white button-up shirt.

Once I'm dressed, I exit the hotel room and enter the nearby elevator. 

While I stand light-headed, I feel something heavy in the breast pocket of my combat jacket.

I take a look and find my flask, as well as two hundred and fifty dollars.

What the hell happened last night?

I yawn while glaring down at my wristwatch, that read, 5 am.

It's too early for this shit.

When I leave the apartment building, I begin my journey of attempting to locate my BMW.

It takes me about thirty-two minutes before I find it parked at the kerbside, in front of a bakery.

When I sit in the driver's seat,  I find a bottle of gin lying in my glove compartment.

Let's get rid of this hangover, so I can function today.

I begin taking slow, small sips of gin, which soon turn into large, quick gulps.

I then start up the engine of my car, before quickly driving down the street.

***

When I get to school, I find my friends talking by my locker.

I begin to make my way towards them, just as coach steps in front of me.

"Sanders" he greets me, standing what seems to be double my height. "There's something we need to discuss"

"Okay" I fold my arms.

It's the day of the play-offs, what's there to discuss? Last-minute changes?

He firms his gaze and says "you're not playing tomorrow, kid"

My eyes widen in anguish, "what?"

"It's just—" Coach starts.

"What do you mean I'm not in the playoffs? You need me! I've scored more touchdowns than anyone on the team, and you have the audacity to bench me?" I exclaim.

Coach nods "how bout we talk when you're sober, kid" with that he leaves my sight.

I clench my jaw before kicking the lockers beside me, creating a large dent.

Dick head.

When I get to my lockers I hear Hayden say. "It's tonight right?"

"The playoffs" Tyler nods.

"You better win" Jess orders.

"I tend to," Tyler says.

"Jackson won't allow you guys, not to right" Hayden adds.