Chapter Twenty

Hi all,

So after a year of writing, I've finally finished The Precious One. I've been prewriting this book The Guarded One, for the last couple of months or so and am almost done!

I hope you all love this book.

Happy reading!

-----------------------------------

"Hayden comes back today" I announce while sitting on the floor, with my back resting against the sofa.

"No kidding" Jess says while laying across the sofa.

"She's dodging Glimmer" I reveal under my breath, "I think he has something to do with why she was suspended"

"Like what?"

"I don't know yet" I admit, "Oh, before I forget, Ayla told me that you need to write a fifteen hundred word essay on to kill a Mockingbird"

"Ugh," Jess moans.

I look over my shoulder to face her. Fair skin and almost grey lips. Her hair is growing out now. She made her dad style it for her, now she has a messy pixie cut.

"Duncan and Ayla are official" I lower my voice.

"What, seriously?" a grin spreads across her lips just as she sits herself up, "that's great, I knew that they were seeing each other! Now they have those dumb labels that everyone wants when they're in relationships"

"Yeah the whole thing ain't too bad" I admit while pushing myself up from the floor, and dropping my body on the sofa beside Jess.

"I thought you didn't like her?" She cocks a brow.

"Yeah well, she's growing on me" I half-smile

"like a rash?" A new voice says when entering the room.

My gaze meets Tyler, who stands with folded arms and a smirk. I mimic his smile just as my cellphone begins vibrating from the coffee table.

I lean forward, extending my arm to pick up my phone. Duncan's name flashes across the screen.

"Hello?" I press my phone against my ear.

"Jas" a sobbing voice greets fearfully.

My heart sinks. Has Jim gotten to him?

Now don't overreact Jason.

I'm sure it's nothing.

"Duncan what's-" I begin fearfully.

"It's Hay..." he struggles to speak.

My eyes widen. Today Hayden was angry with me for not telling her about Jimmy being back in town. God what if he got to her?

"What's wrong with Hayden?" I cry but he doesn't respond, "Duncan!"

"Jason?" Jess furrows her brows while Tyler walks towards me.

"She's in the hospital" Duncan weeps.

At that moment, my heart stops. A million different scenarios course their way through my head while silence fills the air.

I open my mouth to speak but no words come out. Inhaling deeply, I look over to Jess and Tyler who stand across from me.

"Why? What's happened?" I lower my voice to almost a whisper.

"I don't know...." Duncan admits, "she's at Zuckerberg general"

"Alright, I'll meet you there," I nod before ending the call.