Chapter 20

"it was you who betrayed her.",Leo's words hit right through him.

Maybe he was right. He had been blinded by the lies that were fed to him. He allowed anger and hatred to take over his life. He became mad and loves to shed blood. It made him a monster. And it made him loose the only one person who understands and cares for him. The woman who had loved him more than her own life. She was as bright as the day. She was his everything and yet he hurt her and even killed her. And yes, he knows that she would never betray him, he was a fool---a blind fool and he couldn't forgive himself for what he did.

"How i wish soon if we'll have a baby, it would be a boy and I want our baby to look like you",she said hugging him tightly pecking his lips.

"Why?",he raised his brow as he looks at his lovely mate.

"So that when everytime i look at him, he would remind me of his gorgeous father",she giggled resting her head on his chest.

She was so adorable and jolly yet fragile. "Ty...",she said closing her eyes taking his scent.

"Hmmm?",he kissed her head.

"Always remember, no matter what happens, i will always love you..."

Those words echoed throughout his head.

"I will always love you"

He couldn't help but shed tears.

"She kept her promise",he murmured letting go of Leo as he sat beside him. He covered his face with both hands and sobbed.

"She did keep her promise",he said between sobs.

Leo groaned as he sat creating a small distance between them.

He looked at the vampire whom he used to call his "best friend". He didn't changed that much and in fact he looked miserable. Losing a mate means losing half of your life. It's so devastating that only the stronger ones would be able to survive throughout the pain but it would turn them crazy and restless. And he knew, Tyron used killing as an excuse to relieve the madness he felt.

"She left a note for you and sorry i burned it down because of my anger. But the message was short.",he said as he stare at the chandelier.

Tyrone just looked at him, waiting for him to speak.

Leo closed his eyes. "I will always love you",he finished with a sigh.

Hearing those words, it made Tyrone cry even more.

        ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

She ran and opened the door which leads to the huge library. It was supposed to be a room for balls but Lucas later decided to turn it into a library, storing all his collections of books from all over the world.

The shelves were so huge like the shelves on the second floor, they reached up to the ceiling and one has to use a ladder to reach the books they want to read.

She climbed up to the second floor hiding herself in one of the huge shelves. She crouched down and listened carefully to the surroundings.

Creeaaakk....

The door opened along with the sound of heavy footsteps.

"Fckn bitch.",she heard him hiss. His boots clicked as he walks around the library touching each books laid neatly on the shelves as he checks every shelf. He paused and sniffed then smirked.

"Little bitch, little bitch, don't you know that I can smell you?",he said as he moved towards the stairs going to the second floor.

She peeked through the top of the short books trying to adjust her eyes in the dark. She could hear her breathing as if she had just ran a 100 meter race.