Chapter 21

His muscles looked swollen, the veins from his hands to his neck and even on his face were protruding and it looked like as if in any moment it would burst along with his muscles. His eyes changed from blood red to pitch black. He was growling, his fangs and claws elongating. He looked like a beast --- a monster.

She looked at the direction where Lucas was thrown and a gasp escaped from her mouth when she saw him lying unconscious and was almost covered with books.

She looked back at the monster standing in front of her, it was staring right a her, he was salivating--he looked like a hungry animal and his eyes widened even more.

She stepped back and fell when she stumbled on a pile of books scattered on the floor. She winced in pain when her butt was hit hardly on the floor, but this was no time to pay attention to whatever her body was feeling because the hungry beast-like vampire was closing in.

She kicked the books in front of her and used her hands to pull her body to move backwards. She picked up a book and threw it towards him but he caught it and tore the book without effort.

She gulped hard as she continues her backward crawl. She picked up another book and this time it was thicker than the first one and was slightly heavier but she managed to throw it at him and again he caught it with one hand and threw it back to her which she ducked immediately letting the thick book to hit the wall a few meters from her and for sure it made a crack.

It was at this desperate moment that she knew she was totally fucked up as she grabbed each book she could find throwing it at him and he just continue walking towards her even with some books hitting his body and alas!

She had finally reached the wall.

A dead end.

When she threw the last book she held, he dodged it and immediately dashed towards her, gripping her throat tightly while raising her up, her back against the cold concrete wall and her toes weren't able to touch the floor anymore. She tried to pull his hand hoping to be freed from his deathgrip but he was stronger than her.