Chapter 27

"Look what I got for you",her mother Joana smiled at the baby.

She held out a tear shaped ruby necklace with a sparkling silver frame.

"It's the same with mine...",Monique touched her necklace.

Her aunt placed the necklace on the baby's neck. The ruby in the middle shone for a moment right after the necklace was locked.

"This will protect you...",she picked up the baby and stared at her lovingly. "He won't find you...he won't sense you...you are safe",then she hugged the baby then placed a kiss on her forehead "....my dear Monique..."

Monique's eyes widened. Her whole body lost it's senses.

That baby....was me?

She's not my mother?

Is the woman who screamed...my real mother?

So...

The monster that screamed...

Who am I?

What am I?

She clutched her hair with her hand tightly as she fell on the floor with the other hand gripping tightly at her chest.

She was clouded with a mix of emotions. She felt, hurt, broke, confused...

What is the truth?

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

He looked at her face. She was sleeping peacefully. She was beautiful. She was kind. She was a woman filled with compassion.

But he is the opposite of her... Is fate making fun of him? Fate is too cruel. He doesn't deserve her. She was way too good for him. "She's fragile but she's quite brave",he laughed at the thought.

He caressed her cheek but the expression on her face changed.

Tears?

Tears started to fall and when he looked carefully at her, she looked hurt...she's in pain.

What is it that she's dreaming of?

"Monique!!!",he grabbed her shoulders shaking her lightly. "What's wrong? Wake up!"

After a few seconds Monique woke up and stared blankly at the wall.

"Monique?",Lucas called out.

She looked at the man sitting beside her who looked so badly beaten. He had bruises on his face and some cuts were healing.

"Monique?",he leaned closer placing his hand gently on her cheek. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Upon hearing those words, she immediately clung to Lucc's neck and cried on his shoulder. She sobbed, letting go of all her emotions.

Lucas hugged Monique and rubbed her back gently then combed her hair.

"What is it that made her in pain?",he asked himself. He felt the urge to wreck havoc upon seeing his Monique hurt. Who could have hurt her? What did he/she do to her? Did somebody cast a spell on her?

He balled his hands into fists tightly making his knuckles white. He was getting angry....the more he think of the reasons why his mate was hurt...the more the monster from within him wants to break free.

"Lucas?",Monique softly whispered while sobbing.

Upon hearing his mate's voice, his anger subsided and he became calm.