Chapter 41

"You never learn, do you.",Thorem spoke as he stood dragging the sword along with him. It made a scraping sound which matches his wicked look. His foot was almost healed but he needed more blood to completely walk and heal other wounds. He was like a drunk man walking on the street.

Lucas stood up covering Monique from his sight.

"I wonder how it would taste to suck her dry. It would be glorious!",he taunted as he spit on the floor.

Lucas just clenched his fist and held the sword tightly just then Thorem leaped towards him and their swords collide. "why don't you just die and things would go smoothly as it should be",he grunted thrusting the sword against Lucas' sword. "in your dreams",Lucas retorted smirking at him which angered him even more as he kicked Lucas letting him fall to the ground.

Their moves were quick. As soon as Lucas fell, Thorem immediately lunged towrds him as he aimed his sword but Lucas rolled on the other side, stood up and landed a punch on Thorem's ribcage making him stumble on the ground. He stood up and threw the candle holder towards Lucas and when Lucas got distracted, he attacked him from behind and was able to scratch his back making a long cut but Lucas retaliated when he looked back and hit Thorem's shoulder with the handle of his sword and made a small cut on his shoulder blade but the wound on his back twitched so he wasn't able to cut deeper.

Both were grunting in pain and their wounds took a longer time to heal so they have to deal with the pain a little longer. Seeing that there's no other choice and that Lucas was on the far side of the room, Thorem ran towards Monique and held her captive again. "This time, she'll die!",he raised his sword and thrusted it to her chest.

"STOP IT YOU IDIOT! SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER!!!",Lucas' father yelled from the doorway who was covered in sweat and blood also.

Thorem couldn't believe what he just heard. No way, this could be her daughter. She died a long time ago. "NONSENSE!!!",he spat back at him.

"YES SHE IS MORON!",Andre yelled as he walked closer. He looked at his son's beaten figure...his son looked helpless as he stared at his lover's chest where a sword was plunged in.

"LIARS!!! SHE DIED A LONG TIME AGO!!! STOP USING HER!!!",he screamed as he staggered leaning on the wall letting go of Monique's lifeless body and the sword made a noise as it fell.

"I AM TELLING THE TRUTH! WHY CAN'T YOU FCKING UNDERSTAND THOREM!?",André was now four steps closer to him. "Can't you see the resemblance? She looked just like her",André's expression became soft. "our dear friend, Joana",there was sadness in his tone.

"STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!",he stepped back then looked carefully at Monique and his mouth hung open. Why he didn't noticed this earlier? Why he didn't even recognize her? Was that the reason she smells familiar the first time he saw her? But why can't he tell?

"It's the necklace",Andre spoke as if he read his thoughts. "Her bestfriend, that witch casted a spell on her and that is why we weren't able to recognize her. There's a protection spell on that necklace. That smart witch did a pretty good job by conceiling her smell though it cost her all the powers she had left.",he said as he stood in front of him then kneeled on the ground and looked at Monique.

"she died. It was your fault my wife...and my daughter died",he mumbled.

"oh, was it? Really?",Andre's tone was calm. "you were used Thorem.",he continued. "that old vampire used you".

"be careful with your words! She's my sister!",he yelled.

"You never had a sister Thorem. Don't you remember? You were the only son.",he looked at Thorem with a sad expression. "You were manipulated.",he pulled Monique's lifeless body towards him and laid her on his lap. "It was on the year 1759 when she arrived in our town. She looked so helpless as she beg on the streets. You saw her, you took pity on her and brought her home. Since then, the two of you became closer and it also made you forget about us.",he paused and removed a strand of hair from Monique's face. "You became aloof and later on you started to follow everything she tells you to do. I thought everything was just my imagination because I got mad when you ignored us since she came, I thought maybe I was wrong. I thought that you were still the same Thorem when you married our friend Joana. You knew how much I loved her but for the sake of our friendship I have to be the one to let go and wish you a happy life.",tears were starting to fall from his eyes. "but, you became a monster. you started to act violent. You became hungry for power , killing innocent lives which made Joana suffer. She never hated you Thorem, she was not afraid of you, she was afraid that you'll lose yourself. But you were blinded."

"stop it. stop it. stop it. stop it.",Thorem continued to mumble.

"I spent all my time looking for her and finally found a clue of her whereabouts. I kept on checking on her making sure she was okay until one day, you hired humans to do an assault to me which made it impossible for me to hurt them since it's against the law but it was fate that brought her and saw me lying on the street that evening. She was very kind, like her. Who would have thought that, that very night would be the start of everything. It brought all of us together , though in a complicated, chaotic way", André took out the necklace and smashed it on the floor. Red and white lights covered the entire room and Thorem's eyes grew wider when he felt someone's presence in front of him. It was faint but he knew this person so well...the woman who stood beside him until the day she died because of him. She looked at him lovingly and placed a hand on his cheek. He closed his eyes to feel her touch. "Thorem dear.",she spoke and on that moment, he cried. His heart which was filled with hatred, his heart which was heavy was now getting lighter just by the comforting tone of her voice. Oh, how he loved her so much but he became greedy and so he lost her. It was him. He made her suffer. He killed her. "No my love. Those things doesn't matter. For I vowed to be with you through good and bad times...remember, I love you, Thorem, let go of the pain and the hatred.",she kissed his lips and then disappeared along with the lights.

He lost all his strength as he kneeled on the ground and cried burying his face with both hands.

"Monique!",Lucas yelled when he got closer and almost fell to the ground due to the lack of blood but was caught by his best friend whose face was swollen by the punches he had received from Odnam who's head was placed on top of the spear which was decorated on the wall and whose heart was missing (well of course he crushed it, but before he beheaded Odnam, he sucked him dry causing his wounds to heal).

Lucas cried as he reached out to her. He hugged her lifeless body as he punched the floor repeatedly ignoring the pain.