Chapter 7

Vivienne reads her message and puts her phone away, “Caruso is taken care of. We won't have to deal with him anymore.” she says to her guards.

Vivienne’s motorcade pulls up to the Niners hangout. They stop as a man comes up to the window, “Vivienne Reid here to see Laroy.” Tony says.

The man outside smirks, which causes Vivienne to raise her brow in confusion. The man then nods and lets them get through. Vivienne gets out of the car and waits for the rest of her men to get out. She stops them before walking further, “Be vigilant. I have a bad feeling about something.” she says.

They all nod and they proceed to the door. Vivienne opens the door and walks in, and the sight is shocking. Blood spatter on the walls, the bar, the sofas, tables, everywhere. Bullet holes embedded in the walls. “What the-” Vivienne starts but is interrupted to the sound of guns cocking behind her. She sighs, and puts her hands up, “I’m only here for business, I need to see Laroy.” she says.

“Laroy is dead.” a man says from another room. Vivienne sees as he walks out and she swallows. It’s Damon Pope.

“Why? What happened between yesterday and today?” Vivienne asks. Damon walks towards her, “The Niners didn't do what I asked them to, is a simple way of putting things. Laroy was the leader, meaning it was his fault. I saw it fit that they find a new one.”

Vivienne raises her head as she takes a deep breath. “Vivienne. It’s so great to see you again.” he says. Vivienne nods, “Damon.”

Vivienne and Damon have a history. Specifically, business. They’ve known each other for a while. They can often either be colleagues, or enemies. On the rare occasion that they see each other, Vivienne is none too pleased to see him in Oakland.

Damon motions to tell the men behind her to lower their weapons. They oblige and Vivienne and her guards put their hands down. “What brings you over here, Viv?” Damon asks.

“I came to pick up some money the Niners owed me. That’s all.” she replies. Damon nods, “That’s right.” he says. He looks to his side to the man next to him, “Get that money, will you?” he asks.

There is a silence until the man returns with the money. He hands Vivienne the duffle bag and she hands it to Tony. “Count it. Make sure it’s all there.” she commands as she never breaks eye contact with Damon.

“Aw, do you not trust me that much, Vivienne?” he asks, sarcastically. Vivienne smirks, “Standard procedure. Nothing to worry about.” she says as a scowl returns to her face.

“It’s all there.” Tony says. Vivienne nods and relaxes her shoulders a bit. “I have a question for you, Damon.” she says.

Damon raises his brow. “What does your being in Oakland mean for my business?” she asks.

Damon shrugs, “Nothing should change. You’ll be dealing with Tyler from now on,” he says as he points to Tyler, “the new leader of the Niners.” he says.

Vivienne nods and shakes hands with Tyler. Damon watches her every movement, “Ah yes...Vivienne Reid. So respectful with her business partners. Shame they haven't seen the worst side of you...yet.” Damon said.

Vivienne raises her eyebrows and gives him an evil smile. She straightens her jacket, “Let’s hope it doesn't come to that.” she says.

Damon chuckles, “I heard you’ve been talking to Sons of Anarchy, down in Charming.” he says.

“What of it?” Vivienne asks. “Stop talking to them. I have things to settle with them and I plan on doing it soon. Stay away from them.” he warns.

“What I do in my business, is none of yours, Damon. Stay out of it.” Vivienne snaps.

“This is my city, Vivienne. I run Oakland, not you. Now get the fuck out of here.” he says.

Vivienne’s lip twitches in anger and she turns around and walks out the door. Her guards follow close behind her. “Get me a meet with the Sons. Now!” she yells.