Chapter 41

One Day Later.

-

Leigh and Chris are in Vivienne’s office, looking at personnel files for the men that Leigh and Chris thought would be good fits for the security team.

“These three guys caught our eye. We’re still checking them out but so far they’re looking good. No government connections. No rap sheet. We’re gonna interview them again tomorrow.” Leigh says.

Vivienne nods, “Good. We could always use the extra manpower. Let me know how things go, alright?” she says. Leigh nods. “Oh, and remember. They don't meet me until you’re 100% positive about them.” she says.

Vivienne’s phone in her office rings and she goes to answer it. After a moment, she hangs up. “Jax Teller is on his way up.” she says.

Leigh nods, “You want us to stay?” he asks. Vivienne shrugs, “Up to you. You can stay.” she says. Leigh nods and he and Chris decide to stay.

There is a knock on the door and Chris goes and opens it. “Jackson. Good to see you.” Vivienne says, smiling. Jax gives her a smile, “You're one of the only people that call me ‘Jackson’. My mom does it when she’s mad at me.” he chuckles.

Vivienne chuckles with him, “Get used to it.” she smiles, “Please, have a seat.” she says. Jax nods and sits down. “What can I do for you?” she asks.

“We’ve got a new problem in Charming. On law enforcement.” Jax says. Vivienne raises her eyebrows, “Really?” Jax nods, “There's a new sheriff in town and he’s already up our asses.” he says.

“What’s their name?” Vivienne asks. Jax sighs, “Sheriff Eli Roosevelt.” he says. Vivienne raises her brows and looks at Leigh, “We know Eli, don't we?” she asks.

Leigh smirks and nods. Vivienne looks back to Jax, “I just wanted to come and talk to you. See if you know anything about him because he was located in Oakland.” he says.

Vivienne nods, “He was in Oakland. I didn't really deal with him much because he was on the gang task force and I’m not in a gang. But he did try to get me on bullshit charges because he didn't like the control I had in Oakland. He mostly just messed with Niners and the um..Mayans, I think.” she replies.

“Can he be paid off?” Jax asks. Vivienne shakes her head, “No. He’s very stubborn. I tried, but it didn't work.” she says.

Jax nods, “Right. Well thanks for informing me.” he says as he gets up. Vivienne stands up, “If Roosevelt gets on your case a little too much, just give me a call. I can have a few words with him. But, don't tell him you’re in business with me. That might make your situation worse.” she says.

Jax furrows his brows, “Why shouldn't I tell him?” he asks. “He likes to test people’s nerves. Their patience. When he was in Oakland, he tested me a little too much and I made sure he knew I had the upper hand.” she says.

“Can I ask what you did?” Jax asks. Vivienne shakes her head. Jax nods, “Right. Well, thanks for informing me about him. It was helpful.” he says. Vivienne nods and Jax leaves her office.