Chapter 29

Happy is sitting at the Redwood table at Church. After talking about the basic stuff, Happy brings up Vivienne. “Vivienne called me earlier from a burner. She said she needs the club to help with something.” Happy says.

“What is it?” Jax asks. “Her lawyer said that the DA is moving her trial to Charming and that the evidence is gonna be held with Charming PD. She needs us to get the gun she used on Damon Pope.” Happy says.

Jax nods, “Right. Well, I’ll reach out to Unser, see if he can help.” he says. Happy nods, “Thanks.”

-

Next Day

-

Jax is standing with Unser outside of the station house. “The gun that Vivienne used is in evidence lockup. We need it.” Jax says.

Unser sighs, “Son, tell me why I should be doing this, again? I mean, how do I know this Vivienne woman doesn't belong in jail?” he asks.

Jax sighs and looks around, then back at Unser, “She killed the man that burned Tig’s daughter alive and would have killed Tig if she hadn't stepped up. She doesn't belong in prison. Once she’s released, you can meet her. She’ll want to meet you.” he replies.

“Alright, alright. Just go back to the clubhouse and I’ll bring it to you.” Unser says. “It has to be today.” Jax says. “And it will be. Now go.” Unser replies.

Jax gets on his bike and rides away. Unser goes back into the station house and he goes into the evidence room.

He scans the shelves and sees the box marked ‘Reid, Vivienne’. He takes it off of the shelf and places it on the desk in the room. He opens it and looks for the gun.

He sees the photos of Damon Pope’s body, he sees the autopsy report, and he sees Vivienne’s mugshot. He looks at it, “That's the finest lookin’ mugshot I’ve ever seen.” he jokes to himself. He was right, Vivienne didn't look bad in the photo. She looked just like she did in everyday life.

He finds the evidence bag with the gun in it. He sighs and takes it out. He puts the box back on the shelf and takes a box off of the lower shelf. It has a bunch of folders in it from a cold case from the 80’s. He puts the gun in the box, under the folders.

He walks out of the room and he starts walking toward the exit, “Hey Chief, working on an old case?” Eglee asks.

“No, sweetheart. Cold case, most likely useless now. Just gonna get rid of these papers, make some space.” he says, giving her a small smile.

She nods and he walks out. He puts the box in the front passenger seat of his car and drives to the clubhouse.

-

Unser pulls into the clubhouse lot and Jax is sitting on his bike, smoking. He stands up and walks over to him.

“Is it in there?” Jax asks. Unser just nods as he holds the box. Jax nods toward the clubhouse, “Come on.” he says.

Jax brings Unser into the Chapel, calling in all of the guys as he walks in. Happy shuts the doors and sits down.

Unser puts the box on the table and opens it. He digs under the file folders and pulls out the bag. He sets it on the table, Jax looks at Happy, “What did Vivienne want done with it?” he asks.

“She said to get rid of it. I can do it.” Happy replies. Jax nods and Unser gives Happy the bag. Jax stands up and shakes hands with Unser, “Expect a call from us soon about Vivienne. Thanks, Wayne.” he says.

Unser nods and he leaves. Jax slams the gavel down and the guys all flood out into the main room.

Juice gets back to his laptop at the bar, most of the guys leave but Happy and Tig hang around.

Juice is clicking away on his laptop, and then he stops. “Hap, Tig. Come here.” he says.

“What’s up?” Happy rasps. “I think I found the rat.” Juice says, worriedly. Tig and Happy look at each other and walk up to Juice.

Happy leans over and looks at the screen, “Holy shit.”