Chapter 17

Vivienne is standing outside with Lillian, the one who kind of supervises the girls when Vivienne isn't there. They are waiting for the Sons.

“You’ll tell me if any of the girls are unhappy with what was said today, won't you, Lillian?” Vivienne asks as she looks over at her.

Lillian nods, “Of course. We know you care about us. From what I’ve heard, I don't think there are many who are against the idea of a partnership.” she says.

Vivienne nods and the Sons start to pull up. “Which one’s yours?” Lillian asks. Vivienne chuckles, “That one,” she says as she points to Happy, “Bald one with the tattoos all over him.” she says.

“Ooh, I see. I’ll let the girls know.” she winks. Vivienne smiles and Jax walks up with a dark haired man with tattoos on his neck and chest. “Vivienne.” Jax says, shaking her hand. Vivienne greets him and looks over at Nero, “Hello. I’m Nero Padilla.” he says.

“Vivienne Reid. Pleasure to finally meet you.” she says as she shakes his hand. “Likewise. You’ve got a nice building here.” he says. “Wait until you go inside, please.” she says as she steps aside and Lillian leads them in. Happy is in the back and holds Vivienne back a second. She turns around and looks at him, “You good?” Happy asks.

Vivienne nods and smiles, “I’m fine, Happy. You’re the one who said not to get hung up about it.” she winks. She walks in and Happy follows her in.

Lillian is standing with the girls and while the Sons are all shaking hands with Vivienne, Lillian looks at all the girls, “The guy Viv just walked in with, is off-limits.” she whispers. The girls nod in a subtle manner before the Sons are gawking at them.

Vivienne steps in front of the Sons, “Well, I suppose all of you don't want to sit around and talk business so I’ll let my girls take care of you. On the house.” she says.

They laugh and start going towards the girls, “Ah, thanks, Viv.” Tig whispers as he winks at her. She smiles at him and pats his arm, “Have fun, Tig.” she says.

Every Son except Jax, Chibs, and Happy go with the girls. Once they’re disappeared into the rooms, Vivienne brings her attention back to business. “Please, sit down. Would any of you like anything to drink?” she asks.

They say no but one of the remaining girls brings a tray with a pitcher of water and 5 glasses. “Just in case.” Vivienne says as she sits down.

Jax is sitting next to Nero and Chibs and Happy are observing off to the side. “Jax tells me that you're a very busy woman. That you uh...have your fingers in a few pies.” Nero says.

Vivienne chuckles, “Yes, he’s right. I work in a variety of different fields here.” she says. “How long have you had the escort service?” Nero asks.

“Oh, it’ll be 5 years now in May.” she smiles. “Really? Wow. I, myself, I’ve been doing it for a long time.” Nero replies.

“And what do you say about us partnering up? I’d like to hear what you think, Mr. Padilla.” Vivienne says.

“Oh, please. Call me Nero.” he says, “You see, I’m a very cautious man, especially because of my affiliations,” he says as he gives a little glance of his tattoos, “and I know or at least have heard that you work in both legal and illegal ways.” he says.

Vivienne nods for him to continue, “And I guess I just wanted some kind of..reassurance that anything bad that might happen won't blow up on Diosa Norte.” he says.

Vivienne nods as she understands his concern, “Nero, this is Oakland. There are a few different crews here and they all follow certain rules. My rules. I run Oakland. And I can assure that any potential beefs with other crews will always be addressed with me first. It’s not gonna be something like, they attack a club or something they know I’m involved in. They know that if they have something to say to my face, they can do it.” she pauses, “But that doesn't happen often because I can compromise to where it suits me and the other person. So, long story short, Diosa Norte will be fine.” she says.

Nero nods as he listens to her words, “And how would this partnership work? With the girls and all?” he asks.

“I figure that my girls, I don't know about yours, but mine could work at both of the clubs, interchangeably. But, I’m one to give my girls choices. If some or all of them want to stay at Amour, they can do it. If they want to work here and Diosa Norte, they can do it.” she says.

“That sounds like a good plan.” Nero says. Vivienne nods and turns to Jax, “Before you called, Jax, I had just concluded a meeting with my girls and told them about your porn business. I told them that neither I nor you guys would tell them they should work there or they have to. Like I said, I’m all about choices.” Vivienne says.

“That’s fine. We’re not looking for any extra actors right now but if any of your girls want to take that opportunity, feel free to call me or Lyla, our producer.” he says.

Vivienne nods and looks back to Nero, “I don't want you to feel like you need to make a decision now, Nero. I’ll gladly give you time to think on it.” she says.

“Yeah, I think I’ll take that offer.” he says. He stands up and so does Vivienne, “I think I’m going to head back to Diosa. So, it was a pleasure meeting you, Vivienne.” he says as he shakes her hand again.

“Pleasure is all mine.” she smiles. Nero then leaves the club and the guys stand up. “This is a nice club you have here, Vivienne.” Jax says.

“Thank you, Jax.” she says. She looks at Chibs, “You sure you don't wanna spend some downtime here, Scotsman? On the house.” she says. Chibs laughs but politely declines.

Vivienne looks over at Happy, “What about you, mute?” she teases. Happy looks at her with a fire in his eyes and shakes his head.

Jax and Chibs look over at them and smirk at each other. The chemistry between Happy and Vivienne is overpowering.

“We’re gonna head back to TM.” Jax says. Vivienne says goodbye and they leave. Vivienne and Happy head to the bar and he gets a beer and she gets a water.

They sit down on stools and Happy looks at Vivienne. “Can I ask you something?” Happy says. Vivienne looks at him and nods. “Do you want to do this? Me and you?” he asks.

Vivienne tilts her head, “Why do you ask that?” she asks. “I don't know, I just..I’ve never been a guy to have one chick somewhat...exclusive to me. I’ve never really had a conventional relationship, you know?” he says.

Vivienne gives him a small smile and shakes her head, “Me neither. I mean, dealing with the loss of both my parents and outside pressure for me to take over this enterprise when I got older kind of kept me away from relationships.” she says.

Happy nods as he listens to a bit of her story. “If this does turn into a ‘conventional relationship’, I guarantee that it won't be normal.” she chuckles.

Happy does it with her. He lowers his voice, afraid someone might hear him. “It was great to see you last night. And this morning.” he whispers.

Vivienne gives him a small chuckle, “Well, you should consider yourself lucky. What you saw this morning is pretty much exclusive to you.” she says as she winks at him.
______________

A/N: A little heart to heart near the end. I hope you like the relationship Happy and Vivienne have so far!