Chapter 45

Two days later.

-

Happy pulls up and parks in front of Vivienne’s building. He goes inside and nods at Leigh when he sees him.

He goes up to Vivienne’s office and knocks on her door. She opens it and when she sees Happy, she smiles big. She lets him in to her office and closes the door.

She hugs him, “It’s been a while, Hap.” she says. Happy hugs her tighter as she says it. He pulls away and looks into her eyes before kissing her hard.

He rubs his hands down her back as she kisses him. His hands move down to her ass and she chuckles, “Not here.” she says.

He groans and pulls away. She squeezes his hand and brings him to a table and they sit down. She smiles, “How have you been?”

Happy smirks, “Damn, little girl. You act like we haven't seen each other in months. Only been a few weeks.” he says.

Vivienne nods, “I know, I just..lately I haven't been actually spending time with you. I don't know if your feelings for me are still there or if you could be mad at me or something.” she says.

Happy looks at her and sighs, “My feelings are still there for you, little girl. They never left. I got nothing to be mad about. You took time for yourself. All I know is that the true Vivienne is back with me.” Happy says.

Vivienne nods and smiles at him. “When the Sheriff guy was at the clubhouse a couple days ago, I saw how you were when he left. He say something to you? You can tell me.” he says.

Vivienne sighs and looks down, “He just..said that one day someone is gonna take my power right out of my hands. That I’d fall and never come back up.” she says, raising a brow at Happy.

Happy shakes his head, “That's not gonna happen. It was all smoke. He’s just saying shit.” he says. Vivienne chuckles, “I know. He was just making a power move, but he failed. It just pissed me off is all.” she says.

Happy takes her hand, “I ain't gonna let anything happen to you, little girl. No matter what.” he says. Vivienne nods, “I know. But don't think this permits you to start following me around. Nothing is going to happen, you said it yourself.” she says.

Her phone at her desk rings and she gets up to answer it. “Vivienne Reid.” she says. “Hey, Viv. It’s Jax.” he says.

Vivienne raises her brows and turns to Happy, “Hello, Jax. Why are you calling this line?” she asks.

“I don't know. Didn't realize until after I hit dial. I have someone that wants to meet you. I think you could be of help to them.” he says.

“Who is it?” she asks. “Marcus Alvarez. Founding member and President of the Mayans M.C.” Jax replies.

Vivienne nods, “Right, well, um, schedule a meeting and get back to me.” she says. “Alright, I’ll do that.” Jax replies.

Vivienne hangs up the phone and turns back to Happy. “Why was Jax calling?” he asks. Vivienne shrugs, “I suppose a Marcus Alvarez wants to meet me. Do you know anything about that?” she asks.

“I know Jax met with him a couple of days ago. Jax hasn't said anything to us, though.” he replies.

“Do you know anything about him? Who is allies are, who he has a beef with, his business, etcetera.” she asks Happy.

“Last time I checked, Mayans and Sons weren't on good terms. But that could be different if Alvarez reached out. He’s involved with the Niners.” he says.

Vivienne nods, “That’s probably why Jax thought of me. He’s going to schedule a meet. So we’ll know more.” she says.

Happy nods and gets up, “I’m gonna head back. See if Jax will tell us anything.” he says.

Vivienne nods, “Okay. I’ll see you later?” she says. Happy walks over to her and kisses her forehead, “You can count on that.” he says.

She smiles at him and shows him out. Once he’s gone, she goes to her window and watches for him to leave. She sees him get on his bike and drive away. She smiles as she sees him. She looks down, “What have you done to me, Happy Lowman?” she asks herself.