Chapter 32

Three Days Later.

-

Vivienne is at home and Tony comes inside with her, “Vivienne, why haven't you been keeping me in the loop? Not talking to me about business, not going anywhere, what’s going on?” Tony asks.

“Tony, relax,” Vivienne says, giving him a reassuring smile, “You, Leigh, and Chris have worked hard the past couple of weeks. I just want to give you a break. Besides, nothing major is happening.” Vivienne says.

“Really? Nothing about the Niners or the club, or the weed deal?” Tony asks. Vivienne shrugs her shoulders, “I guess not. Just don't worry about it. Take some time, Tony.” she smiles.

Tony nods with a relieved smile on his face, “Thanks, Viv.” he says. Vivienne nods and she smiles at him. He turns around and goes to the door.

“Hey.” Vivienne says. Tony turns around, “Is there anything on your mind that you want to tell me, Tony?” she asks.

Tony gives her an assuring smile, “No. Everything is good.” he says as he turns and leaves her home.

-

Next Day.

-

Tony is rushing around in his house, holding a duffle bag. His wife, Mary, watches him as he goes around the house, grabbing things.

“What are you doing, Tony?” she asks. Tony sighs, “Uh..We might need to be going away for a while. I might be in some trouble.” he says.

“What have you done, Tony?” Mary asks. Tony sighs and gets a few stacks of money from a hiding place. “Tony, you’ve been different these past few weeks! You leave the house late at night with your case empty, coming back early in the morning and it’s heavy. What did you do?!” she yells.

Tony shakes his head, “Damn it, Mary, I’m just trying to protect you! Everything I do is for the good of you and the kids!” he yells back.

“Does it have something to do with Vivienne?” Mary asks, rushing over to him. Tony walks away from her but turns around, with teary eyes.

“Oh God, Tony! What did you do?!” she wails as she starts crying. Tony sniffles, “Just get you and the kids ready to go.” he says.

Tony’s phone rings and he pulls it out, “It’s Vivienne.” he says. Mary gasps and stops crying as she tries to calm down.

“Hey, Viv.” Tony answers. “Tony, I need you with me. Come to the clothing factory. I have something big and you need to see it!” Vivienne says, excitedly.

“O-Ok, Viv. I’ll be there.” Tony says and he hangs up the phone. He lets out a breath, “Something came up with Vivienne. I gotta go.” he says.

He walks over to Mary, and puts his arms on her shoulders, “Everything is gonna be okay, Mary. I’ll be home soon.”