Chapter 27

Three days later.

-

Happy is in Vivienne’s house, taking care of her dogs like she asked. He has the news on as he gets them fresh food and water.

“Notorious crime queen, Vivienne Reid, was finally arrested last night on charges of murder. She was captured outside of her headquarters. Who she is accused of murdering is still unknown to the publ-” Happy scowls and turns off the TV.

He lets Delilah and Joanna inside and points them to their food. He gets the key and leaves the house, putting it back under the plant outside.

-

Tony hears the door unlock and sees it open and Vivienne steps into the room. She’s wearing an orange prison uniform and the guard is unlocking her shackles.

She sits down at the table and smiles at him, “Hey, Tony.” she says. Tony chuckles, “You look good in orange.” he says.

Vivienne lets out a small laugh, “Shut up.” He laughs with her and Vivienne puts her hands on the table, “Okay. What’s going on?” she asks.

Tony looks around, at the camera in the corner. “It’s okay. No one is listening, Tony.” Vivienne says.

Tony nods, “Alison is trying to get you released on bail. But she thinks the DA is going to try and push the hearing so you can stay inside.” he says.

Vivienne nods, “Figures.” she says. Tony nods, “Niners met with Mason, the new supplier. Business is good. No problems.” he says.

“Have the Niners been helping hold things down like I asked?” Vivienne asks. Tony nods, “Yeah, they are. It’s really helpful for us when we can't be there.” he says.

“Good. We’ll have to repay them somehow.” Vivienne says. “How are you guys doing?” she asks Tony.

Tony shrugs, “We’re getting through it. With the Niners help, we’ve got things under control.” he says. Vivienne gives him a small smile, “What about Amour?” she asks.

“Nero Padilla is holding things down at the club. Making sure things go smoothly.” he replies. “That’s nice. Pass on my thanks, will you?” she says.

Tony nods, “Of course, Viv.” Vivienne sighs, “What about the rat?” she asks. Tony straightens up, “There isn't much evidence. But we’re still digging.” he says.

“Alright, just keep working it.” Vivienne says. Tony nods and the guard knocks on the door, “Time’s up, Reid.” he says.

Vivienne sighs, “Alright.” she replies. She stands up and Tony does too, he walks over to her and he hugs her tight. She pulls back, “How are my pups?” she asks.

“Happy has been going to the house every morning and night to feed them and stuff. Sometimes he stops by in the afternoon.” Tony says.

Vivienne nods, “I know you’re not particularly fond of him or his club, Tony. But the Sons have helped us a lot lately and I trust Happy.” she says.

Tony nods and hugs her again, “I’ll see you soon, Vivienne.” he says. She nods and he leaves.

Vivienne steps out and slips a 100 dollar bill to the guard, “Thanks.” she whispers. He nods and she is escorted back.

-

Tony is sitting at Vivienne’s desk, typing away on her computer. He hears a knock on the door, “Come in.” Tony says.

Leigh and Chris walk in and shut the door behind them, “What’s up?” Tony asks, not looking up from the computer.

“The weed deal is in motion. He’ll start supplying when Vivienne gets out.” Leigh says. Tony nods, “Okay. The club doing okay?” he asks.

“Yeah. Nero has things under control.” Chris says. Tony nods, “That’s good. Tell him Vivienne thanks him.” he says.

Chris nods and he and Leigh linger. “Is there something else?” Tony asks, looking up. “Me and Chris want to help find the rat.” Leigh says.

“No, just keep working with the weed and the club. We need all hands on deck. I can handle the rat.” Tony says.

Leigh sighs and nods, him and Chris walking out of the office.