F I V E

12.26.18

Erikas pov
I'm about to push post of Dynamite and I'm so fucking nervous! I've watched the video about a thousand times, even though it makes me cry it gives me these feeling where I want it all back. I wanna go back to where we were on tour! That was like a dream. That was where i released he was the one... well I though so anyway. 5... 4... 3 2 1 post. I click the button and it's posted. I grab my phone and post on my Instagram and Twitter that it's up. Then I put my phone down. I shut my computer. Now I'm not going on my phone for a few hours just so everyone can calm down. I know everyone is going to go crazy over it, but I knew I had to post this song. That time in my life was my favourite but now it's over... so this is my way of *deep breath* getting over him. I sit on my bed for a second just thinking about how we use to be... I hadn't even noticed that a few years started to leak from my eyes.

~

Jakes pov
I sit down on my bed. I decided that I was gonna watch the video. My mom wanted to watch it with me but I need to do it alone. I take a deep breath and grab my computer. I go to Erika's YouTube and click on Dynamite... i wish it was still called Dinomite... The song starts.

The songs was really deep. Her voice is so amazing in it, she's so talented. Anyway watching the video was really hard, we were so happy in the video. I miss that. I miss us... but it was too toxic. It's just... I don't know. During tour was when I realised how much I love her and how much I wanted to be with her forever. I shut my computer and wipe my eyes. I don't cry that often... a few tears came while I was watching the video but... I'm okay. I grab my phone... I don't know if I'm gonna regret this or not but I'm gonna do it anyway. I email Erika.

Erika,
Um this may be weird for me to email you or whatever but I just wanted to let you know that the song is amazing. Your voice is incredible. I just wanted you to know that I really like it. As hard as it was to watch the video I liked it as well. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. You don't have to reply or anything if you don't want to but I just thought I'd let you know.

Jake x

I was so nervous writing that... Jesus.

Cortneys pov
I was going through my emails. Then I go to check Erika's as well. I always check Erika's as well encase there is something important. She knows I do so it's not bad for me to. Anyway I see and email from Jake.. wtf. I read it. No she cannot see this! They're broken up!
I grab my phone and call Shannon.

Shan: Hey Cort

Cortney: Shannon!

Shan: What?

Cortney: Jake emailed Erika!

Shan: No! What about?

I read it to her.

Shan: Cortney I think you should delete it. She can't see it or she'll go back to him. They're too toxic together.

Cortney: are you sure?

Shan: Yes delete it.

Cortney: Okay Bye

Shan: Bye

I quickly delete the email. When Jake and Erika were together, towards the end she was always complaining about them fighting, but they'd always go back to each other. They've been broken up for over two months now. So we can't let her go back now.

Jakes pov
I sit on the couch next to my mom. Logan sits across from us.

Logan: Did you watch it?

Jake: Yep

Pam: Did you like it?

Jake: Yep

Pam: Do you wanna talk about it?

Jake: Nope

Logan: Oh-kay

Pam: ... she looked really pretty in it.

Logan's phone rings so he leaves.

Jake: She's always pretty.

My mom looks at me with a sad smile.

Pam: That song is very powerful.

Jake: I know.

Pam: You meant a lot to her.

Jake: She means a lot to me...