Hard to Love

Loki's POV

Years of memories flooded me, I am locked in a trance

Years of memories flooded me, I am locked in a trance. All I see is her soft olive kissed skin glistening in the sunlight. The light giggles escaping her gorgeous rosey lips... my Sunniva. The love of my life that was tragically killed at the hands of her father. I feel hot tears forming at the bridge of my eyes that I quickly fight back. Slowly but surely the ice cold feeling quickly replaces all that I'm feeling. I shake myself out of the trance. I look at the woman before me with disgust. I let out a low growl quickly flipping her onto the ground. "I don't know what kind of sorcery that was but I never loved you and no one could love a monster like me." I painfully retrieved a dagger that has been hidden in my belt. Without blinking I pierce her heart. I watch as she struggles in my arms, her breathing becoming uneven... then finally she dies.

I slowly get up watching her body turn grey with pulsating veins forming on her now deceased body. I stare down in a mix of confusion and... pain. I shake away my thoughts as I hear explosion erupts from outside. A small chuckle escape my lips as I run toward the broken glass window without looking back at the women whom I've killed... Sunniva.

Sunniva's POV

As I awake from my death-like state, I am in a haze of deep consuming emotions

As I awake from my death-like state, I am in a haze of deep consuming emotions. It deeply irritates me that my humanity was able to turn itself on only by seeing Loki after thousands of years. While he is able to continue his madness without any thought of me. I sigh struggling a bit picking myself off the ground. My current thought at the moment is to find someone to feed off of. I need to build my strength to confront Loki once more and to kill him. This is not the first time he has left me for dead.

I groan rubbing the area where Loki stabbed me. I walk to the bar grabbing myself some of Stark's liquor. I take a long swig of bourbon sighing as it makes its way down, slightly tingling down my throat. My eyebrows furry in confusion as I hear the chaos from outside, specifically Loki and Thor's voice. I tune in my hearing as I hear Loki yell, "you can't, there's no stopping it! There is only war!"

"So be it!' Thor yells

I drop the bottle of liquor on the ground and vampire speed to their voices. I stop quickly watching as the two asgardian brothers attack each other. I groan yanking on Thor's cape tossing him back. This action leaves Loki stunned and confused as he stares at me with wide eyes stumbling back. "how?" he breathes. I chuckle rolling my eyes, "oh cmon my love that is not the first time you've watched me die and come back to life." I slowly make my way towards him I feel my fangs pop out and the veins pulsating heavily under my eyes.
"Sunniva..." he breathes
I cock my head and chuckle, "it's Niva now" in one quick motion I plunge my hand through his chest.

He groans in pain as he looks up at me with wide eyes. I look at him in mock sympathy as I click my tongue at him, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... well I should have never given you the chance to fool me twice.." the grip that I have on his heart grows tighter which causes him to groan even louder. Even in his weak like state he manages to send a smirk my way. Before I have time to react something knocks me over hard and fast. Before I know it Loki rolls off the balcony and onto one of his Chitari minions "NO!" I turn quickly to see a satisfied Niklaus smirking in my direction.

I scoff "oh you foolish man.." I slowly approach him as my hybrid face takes form. He clicks his tongue, "nay sistah I believe your mistaken, you've always chosen the wrong side."
"IM NOT ON ANYONES SIDE!" I shout. I take a deep breath "I have my own agenda brother" like it was perfect timing Kol jumps out the window where Loki previously threw Tony out of. Klaus looks at us both shocked "Ello brotha, it feels good to be awake" Kol cheers making his way towards Klaus.

I can tell how quickly Klaus is trying to come up with something, "you know as well as anyone I had every reason to dagger you Kol."
Kol cocks his head back and laughs "oh and what reason was that?."
I roll my eyes "Kay enough with the brotha reunion can we please get back to killing Niklaus." I say in annoyance.
"Oh and how do you manage to do that?" Klaus sarcastically asks.
With a devilish smirk planting itself on my face, "Have you forgotten who I am?" I slowly raise my hands and start chanting.

My destruction cease before it could even begin with loud bangs erupting all around us.
"Can't you see we are in the middle of warfare and now you think it's the right time to kill me?!" Niklaus shouts angrily gesturing to the madness around us.
I shrug my shoulders "I guess your right, cmon Kol." I grab my younger brother and jump off the ledge of the roof leaving an annoyed Niklaus behind.

                                   -TIME SKIP-
3rd POV

The avengers and the Mikaelson family have taken down Loki and his army

The avengers and the Mikaelson family have taken down Loki and his army. They all sit together eating at a sharwarma joint as Niva stands outside looking around at the destruction.
With the new found alliance, the original family have decided to join the Avengers initiative.

There was a heavy feeling Sunniva carried, nothing could have prepared her for the new events that have come to light. She watched as the Avengers took away the love of her life... actually the man she use to love. She felt broken inside... hundreds and hundreds of years looking and crying over someone whose clearly haven't thought of her once. This caused a burning igniting feeling within. How could one bare all these emotions? She contemplated turning off her switch.. but as she looked around at her siblings who were all engaging with the rest of the team; she thought to herself 'how could I leave all this behind?'

How could she be so selfish to turn off loving her siblings for a man who does not care for her at all?

Shaking away the painful thoughts, Sunniva walks towards the group and sighs smiling "so what's our next mission?"

(A/N- omg wow, I can't believe I'm really back to writing! Thank you to all the supporters who've been so patient with me! I apologize for the short chapter it's actually harder than I thought getting back into the writing. Hope y'all enjoyed. Everyone stay safe and healthy during COVID19. Wash ur hands, don't touch ur face, stay inside!! Much love)💓💓💓