Truth Unfolds

Loki's POV

Without taking my eyes off Sunniva I address the room "I request that you all give Sunniva and I the room to speak

Without taking my eyes off Sunniva I address the room "I request that you all give Sunniva and I the room to speak... we have a lot to discuss after a thousand years." Her face contorts in disgust confusing me a bit, "we have nothing-" she is quickly cut off by her brother "Sunniva, this isn't a time for your overly petty demeanor, you need to talk." She sighs relaxing herself a bit. I nod towards everyone and they shuffle away leaving Sunniva and I alone.

The room falls silent as it's just her and I. The woman I loved a thousand years ago. The woman who's apparent death broke me forcing my mother to use her magic to strip me away from the memories...the bond....the love we shared. "Loki?" She whispers. My attention is now back into reality. "Let's sit.." I say making my way towards the living area. She slowly follows in motion, pausing "you should know my siblings and I possess some great supernatural traits that sometimes are deemed very annoying at times like this." I grow confuse chuckling in response, "how so?"

She smirks "our senses are heightened such as our ability to hear conversations that are meant to be private." I nod my head understanding lifting my hand in a swift motion, "there.. I casted a shield that will not allow others to hear our conversation."
She smirks clearly impressed "my spell would've taken longer." She giggles sitting down.

"Now Sunniva.." I look into her eyes, I truly haven't felt this nerved and at a lost for words in so long. "If there is anyone I've ever needed to apologize to.. it's you. A thousand years ago... I fell in love with you." I sigh taking in a breath "you died.." I feel myself getting choked up but she does not intervene. Sunniva holds the same expression waiting patiently for me to continue. I shake my head regaining my composure. "I was broken.. watching your father take your life away from me. I believed you dead.. when Thor brought me back to Asgard I felt apart of me had died along with you. I was so completely loss that my parents were forced to strip every memory I had with you away." My head snaps up looking at Sunniva as she gasps looking at me shocked.

"I didn't-" I interrupt as she tries to make out her sentence "I know.." I continue "these past few years I've learned many things about myself Sunniva. I am not the man you remember me to be. I need you stop looking for him. The Loki you once knew is dead." I say growing angry and hurt at the thought of how my "family" lied to me for so long. Before I could continue Sunniva in a flash gets up and slaps me hard against the face. I am completely thrown back. I rise quickly from the chair "what the hel?!" I growl.

Sunniva's POV

"The Loki you once knew is dead

"The Loki you once knew is dead.." really? The rage inside me takes over, I vamp speed striking Loki across the face. He is up in a flash "what the hel?!" He growls. "You left us..." I manage to choke out. I curse myself as my eyes begin to water. His cold demeanor melts as he looks at me hurt. "You should've saved us..." I whisper. "Sunniva... who are you referring to when you say "us." Loki asks genuinely confused. I take a step back "you didn't know?" I can sense he is growing impatience "know what? My mother gave me back my memories..you broke my heart to marry a Viking your father had forced your hand.. and then he killed you." Loki says almost sure of himself that it was the true events that had unfolded that night.

I shake my head thinking back to that horrid night... it was Mikael... it was him who interfered with Loki and I. The realization of this changes everything. "Loki you didn't know... you couldn't have known." I slump back onto the couch burying my face into my hands. "Sunniva.. I'm trying to understand. WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" He shouts angrily. I look up "Loki.. that night you believed I was to be married off, the night you watched me die.. was the night I was going to tell you that I was with child.. your child." I say my voice breaking. "No..." he breathes "no Sunniva." I stand again using my strength grabbing his arm with my left hand and with my right I place it on his forehead. I use my powers bringing forth the memories of that night.

Once I believed he's seen the truth I pull back exhaling a breath. I carefully study his reaction. "Oh Gods.." as the truth sets he begins pacing "that is why you were so upset for all these years.. I truly understand your hurt Sunniva."
"Loki." He pauses looking at me. I know what I have to say now. "That was a thousand years ago.. a vampires emotions are extremely heightened.. I guess all this time I needed closure. I spent so many years looking for you. I've wasted a century being angry, hurt and lost. I can't be that person anymore. I've found you but it truly hasn't change my feelings. I need to move on. You've clearly changed as well, I don't know what you've become or what has turned you into a man of hatred. But I think it's best to not talk about the past anymore. We need to live our lives now. You and I both need redemption for the pain and suffering we've caused to these innocent people."

He nods, "I understand."

I lean in closer to him placing my hand on his cheek, "thank you Loki."

"Invisquie" I whisper. I feel the shield of invisibility casting over me as I make my way out the door leaving Loki alone.