Adjusting

Loki's POV

I shift uncomfortably flipping through the pages of the book my mother has given me

I shift uncomfortably flipping through the pages of the book my mother has given me. As much as I hate to admit it I am grateful she has come to visit me while I rot away in this prison.

I sigh closing the book unable to truly focus on the words that lay before me. I stand up from the so called bed I was laying on to stretch my legs. One thing occupying my mind... Sunniva. That immortal women has plagued my mind with bits of "memories" of her and I from long ago. I don't know if those events truly transpired and if they did how could I forget? Who was she? What are the powers she possesses? Is it possible I've come to love that women once in my life?

I've taken many lovers but never have I felt true love for a wench and nor did they feel the same in return. All the maidens I shared a bed with have eventually fallen for my oaf of a brothers charm and I left in the shadows to watch him use the ladies I've once bed.

"Loki" I turn to the sound of my mother's voice. I sigh looking at her sadden face. "What troubles you my son?" A cold shiver runs down my spine 'I am not your son' I say in my mind closing my eyes. When I reopen them her expression has changed. "Loki I am your family, you can continue to convince yourself that your not my son and I not your mother but it will never change how I think of you." I let out a sarcastic laugh which I can see very much irritates her.

I place my hands behind my back as I start to pace about my cell. "So tell me mother... who is Sunniva?"
I immediately study her reaction. She looks at me with confusion written all over. A build of rage forms inside of me "do.not.lie.to.me." I growl. Her lips part slightly as a small gasp escapes her lips, "Loki sit down, it's time I tell you the truth." I freeze for a moment before complying. I slowly take a seat at the edge of the bed. How many more lies and secrets is this family keeping from me? I stare into the eyes of the women I once thought of as a mother

she begins by apologizing and then she tells me...everything.

Sunniva's POV

"You've all read the briefing packets, so you know what you need to do

"You've all read the briefing packets, so you know what you need to do. You guys are just a few single girls out for a girls night out, seduce infiltrate whatever you need to do to get the location of the mob boss. Got it?" Barton addresses us as we ride in the van to the mission's location.

"Why can't we just compel the man to acquire the location?" I say rolling my eyes a bit. Both Natasha and Bart shoot annoyed glances at me. "Because agent Mikaelson that's not how we do things around here." Barton says. "And we can't risk outing original Vampires as Shield Agents." Natasha adds looking over at Rebekah and I. I groan sitting back, this is not going to be fun.

Rebekah shifts in her seat, "Niva are you afraid of having fun?" She half chuckles. I sigh looking at the group, "In the last centuries I can't remember that last time I've had 'fun' , besides this is strictly a mission." Suddenly the van comes to an abrupt stop. Barton turns to us, "ok we're here. You ladies go out there, Agent Smith and I will be in here to surveillance the whole thing." He reaches in his bag handing us each ear pieces "use these comms to communicate but do not make it noticeable."

Natasha opens the door of the van, "ok ladies let's have us a girls night." I let out a sarcastic giggle jumping out the van. In front of us giant neon lights radiate from the club "IMPERIAL CLUB" Men and woman everywhere dressed in their skimpy club attire. "We have VIP access so we can just go in." Natasha says motioning us inside the club. We walk into the dark loud club. I scan the area for the faces that were in the briefing packet. "I've made at least 2 from the mob" I say slightly into the comm.

"One at the bar." Rebekah says sending a flirtatious look over to a well dressed man at the bar. He takes notice of her raising his drink in the air and sending a wink her way. "Looks like you got an admirer" Natasha says nudging Bekah's side.
"Agent Rebekah go entertain him, he has eyes on you." Bart says into the comms. Rebekah nods slightly enough for us to notice. "I've got a date" with that she struts over to the guy at the bar.

"Looks like it's just you and I" I say turning towards Natasha who is looking over my shoulder. "I've just made one, I'mma head over there." She smirks at me walking out. I huff extending out my arms, "never mind" I say annoyed. "Don't worry Sunniva you'll find a date." Barton laughs over the comms. "Shut up" I growl. "Woah I'll just leave you alone then." I jump turning towards a tall dark and handsome man that is clearly apart of the mob. "Oh no not you!" I say as innocently as possible "I was just talking to a friend." I say turning towards a random person walking past us. "Ok" he chuckles "I'm Marcus" he extends his hand out "I'm Allison." I state shaking his hand.

He takes a swig of his drink "say Allison how would you like to sit over at my booth." He points to the VIP section filled with other mob members. I look at him "I would love to." He reaches his hand out to mine locking my arm with his walking me over to his booth. "Sunniva, that's the mob boss!" I hear Barton say over the comms. I hold my ear looking up at Marcus who smiles down at me with no clue at what's about to happen. I smirk back.

Now this is going to be fun.

-

"We were THIS close, THIS close to these guys

"We were THIS close, THIS close to these guys." Barton yells at us as the elevator makes its way up to the common room of Stark towers. "She made a mistake." Rebekah says in my defense.
"A MISTAKE?! SHE KILLED THE MOB BOSS." The elevator stops opening up as Barton looks at me like he is going to explode.

We walk into the living area where Tony, Elijah, Kol, Niklaus, Steve, Bruce and Fury stand. They all turn their head towards us "woah how was your first mission?" Stark asks. "Terrible." Barton answers immediately. Natasha sighs her face expressionless "Agent Sunniva killed the mob boss." All eyes were now on me. I shrugged my shoulders "he grabbed my boobs." I state plainly. I hear my brothers stifle their laughs on the side. Fury grumbles walking towards us "we will deal with that later, right now welcome your new roommates."

"Roommates?" Bekah questions. Elijah stands up "Sunniva I was meaning to tell you..."
"That we will be staying in Midgard for awhile." All heads snap over to Thor and standing next to him is... Loki.

(A/N sorry for the filler chapter, promise the chapters will get better and a lot more entertaining. This is just my weak attempt at keeping this story alive till the end)