ii. half-brother

Can turns the door knob and enters the room, there, he finds a guy as white as a snow.

He looks around and finds no one but the guy sitting at the very middle front of the room.

The guy has thick glasses and Can isn't shocked anymore, he knows it's bound to happen just based on the thick book the guy's currently reading. His hair is fully covering his forehead.

Nerd.

Can immediately thinks of that word by just looking at him.

Can steps back to check the room number to confirm if he's in the right room and he is, but why is it that this nerd is the only one here?

Can checks his wrist watch, it's already 9:55, only 5 minutes before the class starts. Can gradually walks inside the room and sits beside the guy who is still unperturbed by his presence. Can decides to stay silent since he doesn't want to disturb the guy.

But few minutes later with no new student coming in the room, he checks his wristwatch again, it reads 9:59.

What the hell?

One minute before the class and it's him and this guy are the only ones in the room.

Is it really like this in this school?

Or my schedule got mixed up?

Thinking that his second class is probably already starting somewhere in one of the rooms, Can braces himself and coughs to catch the guy's attention. "Ah, err I'm sorry to disturb you. Can I ask, is this the room for Psychology, the 10 am class?"

The guy inserts his bookmark in between the pages and hides the book inside his bag before fully facing him. Can feels sorry for disturbing his silent reading but the guy must've been thinking otherwise because he smiles at Can.

"Yes."

One word. Great.

Can is not good with small awkward talks but he still continues with, "Then, where is everyone?"

"The teacher is always late, usually comes half an hour before the class ends."

"Oh, then why are you here?" That sounded rude so Can immediately paraphrase his question. "I mean, why are you early?"

"I just feel like it, I also want to read here alone."

Oh.

Oh. So Can really did disturb him. Can blushes in embarrassment in realization.

"Sorry for disturbing you."

"No. No, I didn't mean it like that. It's okay, I've read that book 4 times already anyway. You're a transferred student?"

"Yes. My name is Can."

The guy smiles again. Can notices that even with the thick glasses and the hair covering his forehead, it's noticeable how good looking he is. Not to mention, with the way his skin brightens, he looks very rich... like the rude guy. Can suddenly feels scared just thinking about the rude guy.

Can feels something wash over him, like a sense of wanting to protect this shy guy right in front of him. He wants to befriend him.

"You know I don't have a friend here but you look like someone I can trust. By the way, my name's Pete."

Pete. His new friend.

/

Like what Pete has said, all the other students along with their teacher start going in to the room before the class ends. After giving a pair work, to which Pete grabs his hand and says they are partners, the teacher dismisses them immediately.