xvi. sunday is family day, cantaloupe

"Cantaloupe!"

Can groans when he hears his mother's shrilly voice reverberating inside his room on a Sunday morning. Can keeps his eyes closed and pulls his blanket tight around his body but his mother is having none of it as her voice continues to pound against his ears.

"Cantaloupe! Wake up!"

Can groans again. What can't his Mae understand with Sunday and morning? Isn't it an unspoken law to wake up at 12 noon every Sunday? His Mae should understand that but no, she's here and making it hard for Can. Can's a growing boy and he needs sleep!

Can covers his ears with his pillows only to be snatched away seconds later.

"Mae! I'm still sleeping, go away!"

Can snatches the pillows from the intruder's hands and goes back to his dreamland but when he hears someone speaking near him, his sleepiness fades away.

"Good morning Cantaloupe." Unless his Mae suddenly turns into a guy, it's not his Mae's. It's of a guy. A very familiar guy. Tin.

Can begrudgingly opens his eyes and as expected, he sees Tin's poker face inches away from his own. From this close, Can can see Tin's handsome face devoid of any pimple, Can groans at the unfairness of life. Tin should have a pimple.

"Wake up."

"There are many questions running in my mind right now but I'm going to ask you just one... What the fuck are you doing here?! In my room?! On a Sunday morning?"

"I thought you are going to ask just one question. That's a lot."

"Just answer me!"

Tin shrugs. "I'm your tutor, aren't I?"

Can scoffs. Tin's answer doesn't make sense, like his presence in Can's room at this very moment.

"So? It's Sunday, we don't have a tutoring session since the dean said-"

"Forget what he said. We're doing this on my own style and you have to follow me."

"Says who?"

"Says me, your tutor, so get up now."

Can sits up from his bed and draws the blanket to himself. He crosses his arms against his chest and raises his eyebrow at Tin. "What if I don't want to?"

"Then I guess I have to tell your behavior to the dean, let's just see what punishment is coming your way."

The dean has given the right to the tutors to tell him if the students they are handling are misbehaving, if they are, they are going to face a week of community service, and Can doesn't like that! He barely cleans his own room.

The dean shouldn't have given the tutors that power though. It's inevitable, there will be some people to abuse that power like what the guy in front of him is doing right now. Goodness, Can just wants nothing at this very moment than to punch this guy.

Can growls at Tin before he slowly stands up from his bed and moves towards his closet to get new sets of clothes.

"Move fast Cantaloupe and brush your teeth, I can smell your morning breath earlier."

That is disgusting!

"Stop calling me cantaloupe!" Tin's already sitting on his bed reading Can's soccer magazines. He really has a calloused face.

Tin smirks at him. "Nice legs by the way." Can blushes, he's just wearing boxers so of course his legs are exposed to Tin.

Can grasps the nearest thing he can hold into and throws it at Tin. "Stop looking at my legs!"