Part 3

Your head is filled with splitting pain when you eventually awaken. The only other pain you have is where the ropes are slowly cutting off your circulation. So everywhere. You try to speak but all you can manage is a low moan. The shadows on the wall move in response and in your bones you can feel a sense of dread creeping up.

There is something here.

It is old.

It is more powerful than anything you have ever encountered.

It's getting closer.

You try to stifle the whimper building in your throat but you can't hold it back.

Your breathing shallows as the presence approaches.

You can barely hear over the sound of the quivering of your heart.

The tears in your eyes run down your face.

Whatever is in the room with you traces your cheek and jaw with an icy finger.

"You knew what you signed up for," a dark voice says.

You try to speak, to beg this god or demon or whatever he may be to let you go, but all you can manage is the word please and it's so quiet that you're not sure he heard you. You feel cold breath against your neck and you whimper.

"This is your last chance to back out" he says.

You try to regain your composure enough to tell him you don't want to be a sacrifice.

He seems to be waiting.

"I... I was... I was kidnapped. What's going on?"

The other person in the room backs off and inhales sharply in what sounds like annoyance.

"Kidnapped. You're here against your will?"

"Yes" you say.

He unties your right arm then your left as you try to shake feeling back into your right arm.

"Your arms are free. Finish untying yourself while I deal with this," he orders.

Terrified, you try to obey. You think it's in your best interests to not piss off the guy who untied your arms, mostly because of the chance of him being some sort of powerful deity.

A door slams shut. You hear the calm but irritated voice of whoever untied you and another that's clearly pleading.

You work at the knots binding your head.

Screams break out.

You focus on untying your chest and try to ignore them.

The the place goes as silent as the tomb you still suspect you're in. With no noise, the silence becomes more and more fitting.